Lease deals thread

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Hasnt got a build date yet, so likely 6 weeks+ yet. It is big enough but the defender is bigger in all dimensions and the wife can handle that so she'll be grand lol.
I'll get a seat in one when I pick up the new to me shopping basket this week from VW

davyk31

RMS Regular
The Buzz is definitely a pretty big machine. I sat in one in Agnew’s and was surprised just how large they are. Certainly not as big as a Defender though as you say.

As regards warranty on the 4th year of a lease I have asked VW about that as my lease on the ID.3 is nearly at three years. Initially VWFS said the 4th year warranty would carry on with the rental I am paying but they got that wrong as they assumed I had maintenance included. They have now said there is no warranty and no way to arrange one either apparently! I could certainly get a new deal on an EV cheaper than current as I increased the mileage allowance two thirds through the term which increased the payment by £100 per month. The quote to extend a year is at the same payment as current which I don’t think is a great deal either. Downside of course is the deposit to pay for a new deal and being tied into a new fixed term.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’ve not even been in one myself, and I’ve yet to tell the wife it’s RWD

Same as the Q4. Can’t get the arse to hang out much even with everything switched off combined with a huge dose of ignorance.

It was / is crap in the snow though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anything from Golf size up I reckon! Ideally a 7 seater, but chances of a cheap one would be slim.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Does anyone know which of the English lease brokers will actually deliver a car to NI? I remember seeing some saying they bring the car to a Belfast port but can’t see now who they were, if they even still do this. Don’t really want the hassle of having to go over and meet a car unless the deal was a lot better than local.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Central vehicle leasing delivered ours to Belfast Port but that was about 6 years ago now.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Very few will deliver to a GB port now never mind to an NI one unfortunately.
Some won’t even deal with NI customers now as I found out last week.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Central leasing never mentioned NI when I signed on the ID Buzz last month. I still don’t know which dealership yet though. The contract says they will deliver to anywhere on mainland so I’ll get them to deliver to docks unless an airport is close and it’s the north of England, then I’ll just fly over and drive it home.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Do they need collected personally or can you arrange a transport company to collect?
Don’t know yet as dont know the dealer, but was able to have a transport company collect the Audi in England, no issues at all, so don’t anticipate that being an issue here either.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Do they need collected personally or can you arrange a transport company to collect?
I’ve had a transport company collect our last couple straight from the dealer in England.

£500 odd isn’t that much when you add up losing a day’s work, plane over, taxi / public transport, ferry back, food etc

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I’ve had a transport company collect our last couple straight from the dealer in England.

£500 odd isn’t that much when you add up losing a day’s work, plane over, taxi / public transport, ferry back, food etc
That was my reckoning last time too, not worth it to save £100. My friend flew over two weeks ago to collect an Audi in Newcastle. There was a train strike and his planned 40 minute train ride to the dealership instead took about 3 hours via a bus. Whole thing turned into an ordeal.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Agree, I’m not really interested in having to go and collect it so if they allowed transport it would be grand although if I could get a local dealer near competitive it would be better.

I have emailed Central to ask the question so we will see.

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Alpha contracts will deliver to Cairnryan, l collected the Skoda that way. Ferry in, collect car, same ferry back. Cost about £200 all in

davyk31

RMS Regular
@saxo_man is the Buzz being financed by VW Fin Services? If it is then according to what Central has told me that they can deal with NI customers but the car must be collected over there by the customer.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
@saxo_man is the Buzz being financed by VW Fin Services? If it is then according to what Central has told me that they can deal with NI customers but the car must be collected over there by the customer.
Dont actually know yet. Haven’t received any contract documents to sign yet, only confirmation of order.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Not sure if this is good value but might be of interest to someone on here:
IMG_8795.jpeg