Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car

Find it hard to look past teng. Not the cheapest but not snap on money but always decent quality

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

Find it hard to look past teng. Not the cheapest but not snap on money but always decent quality
Used a small teng set for years when I started doing some work on the cars and it took unbelievable abuse, would definitely recommend also. But for all @Lyons wants it for id be more than happy with parkside.
image.jpg

Latest addition to the parkside collection, should be handy for hosing the bikes down at the trail.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Anyone have this? Is it dead on?

View attachment 429836

Yeah, got one a few months ago, seems to do the job fine for the odd time it has been needed 👌

Decent article here on torque wrenches, you don't need to spend a lot of money on one if its for occasional use.

Probably found this more amusing than I should have 😂 King D1ck not so King!

IMG_1561.png

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
King **** used to be good too. Probably just the brand left and everything coming out of the Far East.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
The Lidl one is spot on but I wouldn't use it for head bolts or anything critical, I've a calibrated teng one for that sort of stuff.

I use the Lidl one for wheel bolts, suspension bolts etc. I've checked it against the teng and it's pretty close.

Make sure you slack off the torque adjustment before storing it so the spring isn't compressed and it should last a long time.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
It seems the Amazon one (that they rate highly) is exactly the same as the Lidl one.
I'm on my second Amazon one. Use it for wheels and suspension stuff. Broke the gears in the first one as I couldn't find my breaker bar one day and had to use it lol.

Been more careful with the second one and they work grand 👍

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anyone have a 20v cordless parkside drill from Lidl? See they're on for £49 next week. My dewalt has finally died after about 15 years but not really wanting to spend £150 for a new one.

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
Anyone have a 20v cordless parkside drill from Lidl? See they're on for £49 next week. My dewalt has finally died after about 15 years but not really wanting to spend £150 for a new one.
my FIL got one the a few years ago to do stuff round the garden and the house, its grand seems to work well, it feels a bit light for every day use but he still uses it and if hes round my house helping me out it works just as as well as my bosh

Mackers91

RMS Regular

I've it and a DeWalt XR, the parkside is grand but really does struggle going into walls brick/block etc.

I'd use it when I'm doing light stuff just to keep the wear off the DeWalt.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d

Have one a while now, it's OK but slow speed on 2nd gear. Paid less than £49 too.

I like the pistol type 12v ones, I have 4 of them, 2 in use, 2 still in the boxes. Only issue with the 12v ones is the 10mm chuck, but it prevents me burning them out.