M3 More Door Home :-)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I've heard & read that too Chris.. For sure, dynamically it feels absolutely fantastic.

Lots of room in the back for kids too... Really is a great alrounder

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
As far as more door M3's go that is undoubtably the nicest about. Have you any plans for it, or just enjoy it

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
cheers....... just enjoy to be honest.

apart from the obvious extras such as wheels/exhaust, there a bunch of subtle mods on it that really combine to make it stand out in a nice way.... there is nothing i'd like to do to it other than pamper it and drive/enjoy it.

its a stunning car, absolutely what i wanted, a car that is an occasion every time you start it.. definitely glad i ticked the V8 box !

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Have u got your own 2 digit reg on now? If so I think I just flashed u out in dromore square. I was in the white transit. Seen the car with the original reg in banbridge and looked really well.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
nope... not guilty !

still on the previous owners plate until transfer comes through

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
cheers guys.... i'm absolutely loving it.

stonking car... makes the E60 M5 i test drove seem like a mondeo !!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Interesting to read your comments on the M5. My next car will be either the M5/M6 V10 or an E90 V8. Three four door M3s have appeared in cookstown recently! undoubtedly the best looking three series. Yours looks fantastic.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i don't want to be too negative on the E60 M5, as there are probably owners on here that love them.... but i just wasn't impressed personally.

the gearbox (to me) is terrible... better on the open road, but day to day i couldn't live with it, regardless of the 101 settings available, i just felt it was flawed. power/handling was not at all what i expected... so much so, i gave up on a 'road car' giving me any adrenaline and bought a Skoda VRS Diesel !!

fast forward a year.. the V8 (or bigger !!) box secretly wanted ticked...... i test drove an Audi RS4, which was nice, fast...... but 'easy' and not terribly involving to drive (again personal opinion)

i then tried this car... and it REALLY lit my fire... and still does after a reasonable few miles in the last month. TOTALLY drivers focused car, and the engine is sublime, and the only road car i've driven that comes anywhere close to the track/race cars i've driven.

the dynamics of these cars are pretty bang on in my opinion.... i was lucky enough to get a few laps in one of these (E90 variant) in 2011 around Laguna Seca.... and i was absolutely amazed at the shear mechanical grip it had. i had no idea i'd be lucky enough to own one a few years later

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Can't judge a car on a test drive though. SMG box is fantastic once you learn how to get the most from it.
I owned both and the M5, too date is far and away the best car I've had yet

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Saw this drive past the house the other day (I own the blue e46 m3) , now I see the pics I realise I am only up the road from you. Was this car local before you got it?

Lovely car.... plenty of revs on your way past please!

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
do you have a purple ish (sorry dont know the proper colour) E46 Stevie ? on the 'main' road ?

car was belfast/holywood direction before i had it

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Yes mate. Dark purpley blue depending how dirty it is! Seems to be a good few M cars up this way!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.