making perspex / polycarbonate windows

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jincam

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt coupe
We bought a sheet of perspex from rt in cookstown and cut it out with a fine cutting disk was about 80 quid all windows i wouldnt worry about durability when the only time these get damaged is side collision or rolling

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
These are the two samples one hardcoated and one not. They've been scrubbed for years with wire wool to show the difference and even after all the abuse theres very little effect on the hardcoat one. Spot the difference lol
uploadfromtaptalk1396295366286.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396295388697.jpg

Connor

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Definitely a good job but is scrubbing with wire wool not an extreme example. I'll be using the jet wash brush at worst.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Definitely a good job but is scrubbing with wire wool not an extreme example. I'll be using the jet wash brush at worst.

It would surprise you how easy perspex is to scratch, a run goes with a brush and you'll see a bit

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Havent got anywhere myself. Was kinda leaving it until the end myself. More likely to sell the car now tbh.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Cheers fellas. Will look out for a sheet to see how hard it is to do. Though the online prices for windows are cheap enough that its hardly worth the effort.

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
I have a couple of sheets for my Corsa to make, probably be done latter in the year as work takes up a lot of my time.

thewhitevan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus Eco, nova
I have made hundreds of windows from Perspex and it was easy I think it was 2mm we used. Never used poly but I'm sure it's way better. What sort of car is this for ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.