MINI Clubman - John Cooper Works

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
Wouldn't know off hand but I'd say loads. If it's 06 its facelift and if the original purchaser wasn't a complete idiot, should also have an LSD as it was a no cost option. Should be 210bhp model - they don't always make the quoted power though
Yea has lsd in it. Never see them for sale so presumed quite rare. Is there much point upgrading the pulley further?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Yea has lsd in it. Never see them for sale so presumed quite rare. Is there much point upgrading the pulley further?

They come with an 11% reduced pulley compared to a normal Cooper S. You could go 17% and you'd get a bit more power and torque but you'd need to think about upgrading the Intercooler and fitting colder plugs as it'll get wild warm. The engine in these produces a lot of heat. Be fine without the Intercooler over the winter though. Personally, I'd leave the engine alone, buy some lighter wheels and decent tyres, coilovers and get the geo done properly and you'll get more out of it.
Depends what you want from it - more power on average suspension and probably run flat tyres makes little sense. Just don't lower it on springs.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Another 12 months ticket, MOT passed this evening (y)

The air con compressor arrived and the Forge Intercooler was posted too so should have it next week. Need to order front discs then I'll get everything sorted in the new year.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Did you ever get the ITG filter fitted? I think it definitely makes a difference...slightly better response and intake noise.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Just got a r53 2006 jcw don't suppose you know how many of them were made, factory car too .?
R53 is a great wee car but unfortunatly too many of them have had hard lifes and poor servicing. One way or another it will put a smile on your face

Jason

RMS Regular
R53 is a great wee car but unfortunatly too many of them have had hard lifes and poor servicing. One way or another it will put a smile on your face

Think only 350 of them left! This one has a great service history and only 66k miles which is pretty good for an 06, will be getting a thread up soon on it, done a few odd jobs on it namely timing chain tensioner and wishbone bushes.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &

They are very prone to spinning bearings due to poor servicing. if you're mechanically minded, I'd be tempted to drop the sump and check condition of the rod bearings to see how things look. Once they go, the crank becomes scrap

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Not much happening due to Christmas and work starting on the house. Ordered a set of these -

Will pick them up next week when Mrs. Dezzer's Cooper is in for some warranty niggles. Then I'll get it booked in to get my collection of parts fitted.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Picked up the JCW discs from @Smoothie last week, excellent service as usual (y)

Booked in for Tuesday wit Jonny @ AI to get my collection of parts fitted -

JCW discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Forge Intercooler
Air-con compressor
ITG Panel Filter

My drivers side window is very slow to go up and down so it looks like either the regulator or the motor. Thought it wasn't going to go the whole way up this morning. Not sure how much the motor is but I've managed to source a brand new MINI regulator for humble money.
The motor is on back order so may take a while to get.
Could take a punt on a use one off eBay though which is still an option.

After that, a trip to @big_pete for a valet and then hopefully remap time.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Friend just bought this wee one.This is two that he has now lol.
image.png

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So dropped the car off with Jonny @ AI last night and picked it up this evening. Got a few bits sorted -

Drilled and grooved JCW front discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads fitted
Forge Intercooler fitted
ITG Panel Filter fitted
Aircon compressor replaced and aircon re-gassed
My £76 punt on eBay for the compressor was a result, no more nasty noises (y)
Excellent service as usual fro Jonny (y)

I have the cash set aside for the Manic Motorsport remap, just need to read up on how to remove the ECU and then post it off. Need to work out when I can do without the car for a couple of days. Unfortunately there's no Manic dealer in N Ireland so posting is the only option as there's no-one here I'd let map it.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Seen it there last night when I was lifiting the good lady wife's ST lol Jonny is a trooper, the amount of work he done and for all he charged.

That's my m3 and now her ST sorted with him. I will never use another mechanic again, he is brilliant

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Seen it there last night when I was lifiting the good lady wife's ST lol Jonny is a trooper, the amount of work he done and for all he charged.

That's my m3 and now her ST sorted with him. I will never use another mechanic again, he is brilliant

The man is a machine, the amount of work he gets through in such a short period of time is unreal. I'll not use anyone else either now. Knows his stuff and 100% trustworthy - hard to find people like that. Wish I'd have known about him when I owned my M3. He's looked after my 130i, R53 Cooper S and the Red Hearse.
Saw the ST there when was dropping off (y)

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
So dropped the car off with Jonny @ AI last night and picked it up this evening. Got a few bits sorted -

Drilled and grooved JCW front discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads fitted
Forge Intercooler fitted
ITG Panel Filter fitted
Aircon compressor replaced and aircon re-gassed
My £76 punt on eBay for the compressor was a result, no more nasty noises (y)
Excellent service as usual fro Jonny (y)

I have the cash set aside for the Manic Motorsport remap, just need to read up on how to remove the ECU and then post it off. Need to work out when I can do without the car for a couple of days. Unfortunately there's no Manic dealer in N Ireland so posting is the only option as there's no-one here I'd let map it.

The Manic motorsport guys came from Revo and use Revo's switching technology.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.