Mitsubishi evo iv

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
If you ever wanna swap for headlights an indicators I'll do a swap
Fancy a change myself

Ill let you know if i do
Thanks

Went out tonight and started checking her over for mot . Underneath is very solid and rust free. It had previously been painted with grey underseal so i wiped it down and started to waxoil it .
image.jpg
image.jpg
Then i cleaned up the brake pipes and gave them a coat of copper grease. After that i stripped an intercooler pipe out that some bell end had tried to glue . The t piece must have broken off at a time and the fix was to glue it . It mustave popped after not having been driven for the last 6 years. So i have a new one ordered so will get it in asap.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Boost pipe now fixed
New oil, filters and plugs and a fresh tank of super unleaded as the petrol in it had been there 5 years . Was lucky enough to get a cancellation on saturday morning for the mot and she passed with no advisories. I removed the fog light and rewired it up into the drivers side reverse light and fitted a red bulb. Ive ordered two replacement bolsters to repair the front seats and im on the look for a black double din headunit to replace the big silver monstrosity thats in it . So if your selling one give me a shout . Im also going to change the cue ball gear knob for something black and more subtle

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
If the silver double din is cheap give me a shout mate

You can have it for free if you want it when i get a new one
Its a jap one so tunes from 70 to 83 or something
Only station i can get is radio 2 but the cd player works great

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
You can have it for free if you want it when i get a new one
Its a jap one so tunes from 70 to 83 or something
Only station i can get is radio 2 but the cd player works great

Its to fill a hole in jdm dash mate more than anything. Cd player be more than great. Let me know mate i will throw you few beers

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Got home from work tonight and my new seat bolsters had arrived . So got stuck in to stripping the fronts out . I painted all the fixing nuts and bolts while they were out and painted up the runners as they always seem to rust up a bit .
The bolsters are pretty easy to change and make a good difference . Ill try and get the inside fabric off a passenger seat and replace the outer drivers side as its a bit worn now . But still looks miles better with the new bolster
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Some job on the seat bolsters
Were did you get replacements? Wouldn't mind doing my own

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Tidied up a few bits that werent to my liking

Swapped tge cue ball gear knob out for something a bit more subtle
Changed the silver double din head unit to a single din pocket and normal black headunit
Had a better set of speakers lying spare in the shed so upgraded from 120 watt to 280 watt 2 way
Smurf come and get the old double din if you still want it
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

scub

Banned
good to see an old evo getting some tlc...(y)
still get the odd withdrawal pang from mine.
usually when i'm building up speed for a passing move a good 100 yards before i attempt it !!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.