MK3 Golf GTi 16v

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Picked up this little lady today. '97 GTi 16v with Recaro interior (been told its some kind of upgrade) and just nudged 100k miles. Absolutely loving it - feels like a mix between my Leon and my old MK2 (would make sense!)

DSCF0046.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

DSCF0050.JPG

Needs a dam good clean up and some adjusments to the exhaust to get it to sit perfectly level (not sure whats going on there - looks fine from certain angles and then squinty from other angles :confounded:) but is in pretty good nick otherwise. Well get proper photos up when its presentable :grinning:

Ghost

RMS Regular
Not my cup of tea, not found of the older car era, but looks clean and tidy. Health to drive.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
looks good craig but with detective work like that you should go private like! :p

(speaking in relation to it being a mix of a mk2 and leon of course!)

big cyril

RMS Regular
That looks good - always wanted one of those back in the day, got a Polo 1.3 instead lol

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Looking good chap, are the back lenses tinted?

Always had a soft spot for mk3 golfs.

Pete

RMS Regular
Drives
stinkin disco 2
absolutly lovely mate! after having two derv golfs i rang my insurance compay looking a gti to whichtheir reply was . . . . . £3900 so the idea has pretty much gone now lol

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
nice base for a project.

Coilovers vento front end conversion and nice wheels and this thing is sorted

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I'm sure ill upgrade the suspension and get something BBS related under the arches but thats a long way off... thankfully 15in 5x100's seem to go cheap

Don't think the lights are tinted, no signs of it anyway. Prob just look dark on the silver.

Sorry Marc :party::oops:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Not bad coog - take some advice from the dubs thread and this will look awesome very easily!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Very smart, looks great in silver. Nice reg too. Health to drive,will look forward to some updates. Did you get the 18s sold yet?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
yeah got the 18s sold, guy put them on a mkv golf, looked great on it too! Paid a wee bit more ricky as bloody usual lol

Scared to look at this dubs thread lol

coyler

RMS Regular
Drives
3ORA
Same colour as mine. Mine is a lot more rusty though and not a gti. Looks in great nick. One thing I never like bout the mk3 gtis was the plastic round the arches.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
that looks in real good nick

put a vento front on it PLEASE

2663320726_096e0d1274_b.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.