Monaro VXR

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
Porsche Boxster on its way to a new home with the arrival of another car I’ve wanted to own for years. I enjoyed the Boxster which was faultless but ultimately I needed more than 2 seats too many times, probably a few years too early. The Monaro went on for sale mid morning, managed to seal a deal within a few hours of advert going live. I’ve had a few misses in recent months, was kinda hoping it would be red so worth the wait! Will get some better photos up in due course along with first impressions, currently organising some transport to and from GB.
6B819F74-8B5F-445D-94B2-A8943979509C.jpeg
E5598871-F4C3-480A-833B-B1A35800B640.jpeg
AB92E5C0-4EDC-448A-9D74-7A0D89A4E98A.jpeg

c_rad

RMS Regular
That is lovely, had looked at these myself but all the good ones were snapped up almost immediately.

Definitely a great choice compared to the usual go to options!

Enjoy 👍🏻

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So so cool! Have wanted one for years, never got round to it though! Sound so good, and a RWD V8 manual is always going to be a winner!

Health to drive 👍🏻

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Awesome came close to jacking in the 2 turbos so many times for one of these…. Sometimes still wish I had!!!

Had the vxr 8 for a few years and it was fun too tho

bob

RMS Regular
Lovely, I'm sure that will sound awesome and be likely 10x more comfortable than anything modern!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Lovely. The shape is aging really well IMO too. I loved mine immensely, the only thing i didn't love about it was the unpredictable auto-box but looks like you've got that sorted...!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Awesome, Nice buy. Always had a soft spot for Monaros and VXRs. Hope you get much enjoyment from it.

BrookST

RMS Regular
OP
BrookST
Drives
Monaro VXR
Well, enlisted the services of RSG Auto Logistics to take the Porsche to GB and return the Monaro. I can say that this service was second to none, Robert was excellent and had eyes on the Monaro on my behalf, even though he didn’t have to. He sent photos of any marks, provided feedback before purchase and was very thorough. Nothing was a problem and he got a look under the car, inside, in he boot and engine bay…..would certainly recommend him if anyone needs a car lifted or transported, he will treat it with kid gloves.
F9F5CF77-9B68-4D7B-8082-1DB90DBE473C.jpeg

Porsche went on Friday night, was a great car but time for a change. I’ve established that once I’ve got a car looking and driving the way I want it, I get bored and need something else to feed the habit. I can’t just clean it, I need to have heartache and spend money on it with escalating levels of stress, petrolhead norm maybe
B866F910-A05B-4408-816F-743B85037391.jpeg

On the return journey and at home this evening
D6CF675B-A473-4951-A2EC-A1F284AF7A00.jpeg

what a contrast…there are a few age related marks and a few things needing tidying but after a 20 mile blast…….wow, I’m blown away, the noise on acceleration and overrun is incredible. Haven’t really got past how this thing sounds and go’s, interior is grand, boot is small…engine bay, performance and sound is incredible!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’ve established that once I’ve got a car looking and driving the way I want it, I get bored and need something else to feed the habit. I can’t just clean it, I need to have heartache and spend money on it with escalating levels of stress, petrolhead norm maybe
This is me too, albeit on a much lower budget lol.

The car looks class and I can’t wait to see the further updates!