Motorbike section on RMS

• Yay

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Voted yes. I ride a bike most of the year round but have a car and work on cars for a living. It would be the best of both worlds for me for the forum to contain a bike section. RMS rideout has to be arranged soon. Seem to be a lot of bikes springing up recently.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Another vote for yes here, I am sure there are good biking forums out there but the numerous threads on here have been really informative for me as I am going through it at the moment. Might be worth a two wheel section rather than solely a motorbike one to include the regular cyclists?!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
RMS over the years has been expanding, its main core will hopefully remain about cars but interests change. The site is getting better and better and as more members join and as more members become more involved, other areas of interest begin to crop up.

EG photography, moive section as the likes of youtube and vimeo going viral, separate classified sections, car care which has boomed in the last 5-6 years or so etc...

Question then is, where does we stop? lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Question then is, where does we stop? lol

With additions like a bike section, there's no reason why it should stop growing. At the end of the day, it is the best online community available in Northern Ireland in my opinion, and if it caters for all tastes and a variety of vehicles, then I'm all for expansion.

My recommendation for the bike section would be to have it divided too under the Bike Section title.

Bike Section:
-General Bike chat
-Legal
-Parts for sale/wanted
-Off Road Chat (2 and 4 wheeled machines)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I dont see why the legal aspects should be split up personally. That just starts getting messy and cluttered plus keeps everything in one place. In the instance of legal guff, what much is different really bar learning? Not a hell of a lot...

Members vehicles possibly could be split down into 2 sections, i could see that point, but dont think its big deal if not for me.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
There probably should be a seperate section given the quantity of topics....but then if you give them a bit of leeway they could raise a coup and will want us all to dress in leather :p

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
With additions like a bike section, there's no reason why it should stop growing. At the end of the day, it is the best online community available in Northern Ireland in my opinion, and if it caters for all tastes and a variety of vehicles, then I'm all for expansion.

My recommendation for the bike section would be to have it divided too under the Bike Section title.

Bike Section:
-General Bike chat
-Legal
-Parts for sale/wanted
-Off Road Chat (2 and 4 wheeled machines)
OTT - a one area section is all I'm looking at as this is not a bike site per se.

johnm

RMS Regular
Definitely yes.
Was talking to my bro last night about rms and he asked was there a bike section on it.
Definitely think there should be something to see how it goes.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
This poll closed on wednesday and looks like an overwhelming YES!! When the new section coming Cooper??

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Are members bike pics to be put up in here Cooper? Bit messy having useful info and members threads all heaped in together is it not?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Well its up to you at the end of the day. I just thought trying to sift through members threads and useful help threads could get messy, but maybe there wont be that much, sure we'll see how it goes. Any technical questions and legal stuff should still go into those sections regardless of motorbike or not, yes?

It would only be specific help on what bike to choose or tips on riding/lessons etc in here as well as members threads, IOM TT, NW200 etc talk for example?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Well its up to you at the end of the day. I just thought trying to sift through members threads and useful help threads could get messy, but maybe there wont be that much, sure we'll see how it goes. Any technical questions and legal stuff should still go into those sections regardless of motorbike or not, yes?

It would only be specific help on what bike to choose or tips on riding/lessons etc in here as well as members threads, IOM TT, NW200 etc talk for example?
Mr DaddyC, can I have a word outside the office :p

Hel

RMS Regular
Yey motorbikes (y)

Sold your soul to the devil now cooper, you will rue this day when RMS rises up with more of us power ranger types :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.