My Weekend At The Evo Triangle

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I got home at 2am yesterday morning after spending a long weekend in North Wales with 46 other cars at the S2000 owners club annual Megameet.

758 miles with temps topping 27 degrees C on Fri and Sat and only 3 tanks for Super Unleaded....I musnt have been driving hard enough!

Some of the best roads I've ever driven on in my life and the tarmac even in remote areas puts our roads here to shame. One minute you'd be flying through fast open mountain roads, the next you'd be down in a valley driving tight corners and hairpins.

I'm still wrecked. Chester town centre on a Saturday night is also completely mental!

I took about 270 pics and uploaded some to a photobucket slide show.

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad206/feckonastick/Megameet 2011/?albumview=slideshow

Here are some of my favs though :grinning:

Sunrise at Dublin Port

IMG_1562.jpg

A pitstop at Demon Tweeks

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

P1010647.jpg

P1010686.jpg

P1010693.jpg

P1010702.jpg

P1010716.jpg

P1010720.jpg

P1010748.jpg

P1010789.jpg

Back to the triangle for some fun on Sunday

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looks a great drive, and brill pics too.

But ........ WTF??

IMG_1582.jpg

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
lol yep I thought the same. Dukes of Hazard style horn as well.

I was behind him on the first leg of the EVO though and to be honest he was pretty quick. He pretty much drifted every roundabout too the whole day.

stezie

RMS Member
Drives
AP1 S2000
Hi, looks like an epic roadtrip.. What website was this meet arranged? I picked up my first S2000 less than 2 weeks ago and would like to keep an eye out for the next one of these.

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Stezie, it was organised through S2ki and it's well worth joining it if you haven't already. The UK section is http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/25-uk-s2000-community/

There's also an Irish thread in there http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/567243-the-irish-thread/page__st__1825

There are more pics and vids from the Megameet at http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/901188-★★★-s2kuk-megameet-7-your-pictures-videos-★★★/

Join the Facebook page too 'Honda S2000 owners - Ireland'. It has photos from some events organised over here.

stezie

RMS Member
Drives
AP1 S2000
cheers dude, ill keep an eye in that site..

do you think you will be going on the next trip yourself again?

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I've the car up for sale at the minute but I've been surprised at how many timewasters I've had and getting so fed up I'm thinking about hanging on to it and just enjoying it. I've never been 100% convinced that I want rid of it anyways lol

If I still have it next summer I'll def be going on the next trip. Worth it just for the driving, but the social side is good too :grinning:

Hope you're enjoying yours mate. They are an awesome machine. Really get under your skin.

stezie

RMS Member
Drives
AP1 S2000
I've the car up for sale at the minute but I've been surprised at how many timewasters I've had and getting so fed up I'm thinking about hanging on to it and just enjoying it. I've never been 100% convinced that I want rid of it anyways lol

If I still have it next summer I'll def be going on the next trip. Worth it just for the driving, but the social side is good too :grinning:

Hope you're enjoying yours mate. They are an awesome machine. Really get under your skin.

I see you ad, mint is not the word! dont be droping your asking price for a quick sale!

your right, unreal machine. Although, with this bad weather, ive only had it out a few times. i have to bite my lip leaving it in the garage, and jumping in my civic instead to go to work. Cant wait for better spring weather, to drive it every day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.