Nascar 2013

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Have you ever watched a restrictor plate race? (Talladega or Daytona)

Im a massive rallying and F1 fan but ill easily admit: Chain Bump drafting, 4 wide at over 200mph through the bends at Talladega is about as far from boring as it is possible get.
Exactly! Yes if you watch it for 5 minutes i can see why you would think its boring but if you watch the whole thing there is a lot of tactics etc to play and it takes a lot of skill and balls to be doing 200mph with cars inches apart.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Well if you don't find 40 cars travelling at 200 mph inches apart exciting you had better go back to the parade lap that is F1:p

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Well if you don't find 40 cars travelling at 200 mph inches apart exciting you had better go back to the parade lap that is F1:p

OK they are going fast and are very close but thats not exciting, for me anyway. Where is the skills that you get in rallying or F1 etc in terms of picking braking points, lines through a load of different types of corners etc etc? There is just so little to Nascar in my opinion apart from some big crashes which I dont particularly want to see or find exciting.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
i dont watch it either. In fact, i have no real interest in cars that are so modified and unlike anything that you are likely to ever experience, only thing car left about them is 4 wheels and a steering wheel.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
So they are off to the brickyard tonight, how many laps will Danicia do before crashing and when she does how many other cars will she wipe out. Also will Kyle Busch kiss the bricks for the second time this weekend ?

Gambit

RMS Regular
I quite enjoy watching it, would really love to experience daytona just for the whole atmosphere around it all

i dont watch it either. In fact, i have no real interest in cars that are so modified and unlike anything that you are likely to ever experience, only thing car left about them is 4 wheels and a steering wheel.

A big v8 running a carb and no fuel injection in sight. Its a lot closer to a normal car than ya think.

Steve-o

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Focus ST225
Ive always been a fan of Nascar from the Winston Cup Series days. Always got the popcorn and coke out and sat and watched the whole race start to finish. Always watch the nationwide series on motors tv.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
So what everyone's favourite looking car and livery. Must say Kyle Busch's M&M wrapped Camry is a good looking car
970907_10151584481787129_1701078983_n.jpg

1146536_10151581663912129_1364457787_n.jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
So it's the Daytona 500 the first race of the season tonight. Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets go racin' boys

Storm

Banned
OP
Storm
I was wondering why Tony Stewart wasn't racing at Watkins Glen today. It appears that he hit and killed another driver last night at a sprint car race :worried:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/28731314

was reading about this earlier, a lot of media outlets are claiming it looks like Stewart may have kicked the tail out deliberatly. does seem strange that he the car the kid was angered at would be the one that would hit him.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.