New car 3sgte power

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
New wagon in today. Seems to have made the long trip unscathed. Not sure whether to sell or keep. Would love to keep.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
Cheers . Haven't even driven it yet. Hopefully all 260 horses still in the stable.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class, have never seen a facelift one over here yet! Love them, and they're something different from the norm. Are these all autos like the shape before? Maybe the shape before weren't all autos, but I've never seen a manual one yet.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
There were some old shape manuals but very rare. This shape is auto/tiptronic only. Suits the rapid wagon thing. Still very rapid.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
Cheers Phil. You gotta see this thing in the flesh. Looks really mean. More pics to follow.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
Cheers mate. It is honestly so much better in the flesh. Pretty low for a wagon.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Weird looking creature, kinda like it from the rear shots, kinda think it looks odd in other shots though.

The only thing that bothers me about contemplating owning something like this import, is the sourcing of parts.
I mean sure it prob shares bits with other toyotas but others you couldn't simply pop into a motorfactors pick up.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Toyota parts bin special, corolla seats, celica dash clocks, are those air vents the ones from the Lexus is? Hate the way they won't do models like this for our market, you'd think that even with a d4d shoved in it that'd sell well enough on our shores

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
It's a 3sgte engine, lots of parts shared out between other toyotas. Air filter I got for it last week was in stock as it was shared with a Camry and a Lexus 300. Obviously body parts are toyota only but that's the price paid for owning something truly different. It's certainly got the 'what the hell is that?' factor.

Loads in Russia so toyota Europe has some bits in stock. Seems when I was buying it I was up against Australian buyers- loads imported in there.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
Toyota parts bin special, corolla seats, celica dash clocks, are those air vents the ones from the Lexus is? Hate the way they won't do models like this for our market, you'd think that even with a d4d shoved in it that'd sell well enough on our shores

It is a bit strange, toyota actually bothered with the styling on this model. What did we get over here? The very boring corolla verso and avensis. Japs keep all the good stuff. Family cars don't have to look like a quasqai.

Last edited:

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
OP
Tedtiler
Drives
St246 caldina
Have a quote here from an english jap import insurer for 400 quid. I am pretty old tho!