New nissan Cashcow.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
After an on and off relationship with volkswagen over the years, i fancy shopping around and having a look at what other car manufacturers are doing these days, currently we lease a 1.6tdi golf, which we will be throwing back pretty soon. The car itself gives pretty poor mpg all things considered, its not a bad car, but its not great either. The last japanese car we had was an ep3 type r way back in 2002, we put huge mileage on it in 3 years, and it never let us down, with this in mind, im going to take a look at the new Qashquai. Now bare with me here, the golf is boring, we dont need a performance car and cant afford to be spending on fully loaded A4 tdi avants for the family. What were after is something thats big enough and practical for the 3 of us plus a trunk full of crap, a tdi motor that will do better mpg than the golf (we'll see about that lol) So the new cashcow has taken the mrs fancy, i just booked a test drive for friday (waiting for comfirmation) and we'll see how it goes, I know @Lyons will be shuddering at the thought, i know its not performance, but family hacks have a fair relevance these days, i will share my thoughts, for what they are worth!! :p

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
The old one was total piss. Gearbox was crap, ride was crap, interior was crap.

New one looks much nicer though.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Ben, also look at the Kia Sportage.

My FIL just bought a new one and it is actually a really nice motor, 48mpg but a little gutless in 1.7 derv format. A MASSIVE improvement over the Renault Koleos thing he had before.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Fergs wife had one of them and it was dangerously sluggish and chugged diesel like the Exxon Valdez.

Id be looking a Tiguan or a Countryman.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Fergs wife had one of them and it was dangerously sluggish and chugged diesel like the Exxon Valdez.

Id be looking a Tiguan or a Countryman.

The mrs would happily swap for mk7 golf i think the tiguan looks terrible (no offence Lyons) , but i just want to see whats out there rather than going through vw's door every time it comes to change the car, my brother has just started leasing a ford kuga and i quite like that although not as economical as the golf it would seem.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The new one does look good. Passed about a dozen truck loads of them on Saturday, there was one in a silk cut purple like colour that looked really well.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Its certainly not the most offensive looking thing on the road.
new-Nissan-Qashqai-12.jpg

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
When your standing on the side of the road cursing your goosed gearbag you'll think back and realise "Rocko was right. Handsome b*stard that he is."

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
When your standing on the side of the road cursing your goosed gearbag you'll think back and realise "Rocko was right. Handsome b*stard that he is."

You know what, i bet your right, but im willing to take a chance you handsome bast*rd.

Anyways, im just window shopping for dull cars when really i should be thinking, " i wonder how well itll tow the race car"

ive been thinking about it all wrong, right time for a vw anorak, oh wait….

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Looks like the new Kuga from behind.

On that note - what about a Kuga?

RCT

RMS Regular
Another option might be the auris hybrid estate? Know a taxi driver that has put 20K on the hatchback model one in 3 months and loves it. Servicing is similar costs to diesel, but the likes of brake pads and that can last 60k. No dpf/injector/flywheel worries either! If I was going for a new car I'd consider one if these. Maybe not a big enough estate though for you Ben?

image.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
To be fair they're not actually that bad. I've had a couple as hire cars and they've been very well kitted out- sat nav, parking camera etc (I imagine both would be a negative for you!). But it boils down to personal taste and I just prefer the VW interiors.

There's plenty of other options out there. New Focus and I30 are both dead on.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
I like the new focus estate, particularly in st trim, the kuga would be a contender mpg about the same as what im getting, i like it,the mrs likes it but i dont think its gonna be a goer, my dad is ex fords dagenham and has a ticket, which means i'd get a reasonable deal, my brother is paying £200 per month (2k deposit), but it means dealing with the old man every 9 months to sort a car out, i love him and all but when it comes to dealing with cars and my old man combined, i'd rather stick pins in my boll*cks.Qashquai test drive booked for friday, Shelbourne motors have a launch event of some description.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Its certainly not the most offensive looking thing on the road.
Perhaps not, but the advert for it is. The day that driving a 2wd SUV made from leftover Renaults is as exciting as making an SASesque escape from a city tower block is the day I sell my 7litre Cadillac and go buy a 0.6L tdcifsij-lohybrid mini-sub-city-compact with 11" wheels and 46 airbags.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
lol, lets face it, its not gonna be exciting is it?? Ive got a weekend car to get my "kicks" in, and i'm normally in my beater of a work van all week which has 260k on the clock and is more fun than the golf. I'll go drive it and see how much i hate it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.