NI's 1st IONITY Ultra-Rapid hub

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Do they cost much more than home charging? Great facility so long as they don't stick the arm in....

EVANI

RMS Regular
OP
EVANI
Drives
Electric
Do they cost much more than home charging? Great facility so long as they don't stick the arm in....

PAYG should be £0.74 per kWh. Some users on our FB group are reporting £0.44 with some subscriptions.

It looks like there are some back office gremlins and the site is showing as unavailable currently.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Great location for these chargers on the main road to the North West. 79ppkw is eye watering though!

EVANI

RMS Regular
OP
EVANI
Drives
Electric
Great location for these chargers on the main road to the North West. 79ppkw is eye watering though!
PAYG £0.74 / kWh
SUB £0.56 / kWh

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 18.46.46.png

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Delighted to attend this morning's official switch on of Ionity's first DC Ultra-Rapid charging hub in NI. 6 x 350kW CCS now open to the public outside Toome

Photos -

What cars are capable of making use of the full 350kW

My mrs’ iX will do 150 max I believe

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So what price would that make a charge on the average car then .i have no idea how to work that out lol. I see the likes of a 208 is 50kw so is that £40 to charge and they only get like 90 -100 miles guys are saying on here

coffeekid

RMS Regular
So what price would that make a charge on the average car then .i have no idea how to work that out lol. I see the likes of a 208 is 50kw so is that £40 to charge and they only get like 90 -100 miles guys are saying on here
Correct - but would be an expensive way to charge regularly. Charging at home on an overnight rate is 15ppkw so that £40 becomes £7.50

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It’s definitely a “I need this and have no other option” at that price. And a great charging speed too. What it doesn’t do is help entice people out of a diesel who can’t charge at home.

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Think motorway service station prices for petrol. You're paying for convenience or forgetfulness :laughing:
No comparison imo, paying 5 times the price as opposed to 10% more for fuel lol Speed is the only advantage. Ridiculous rates 🤯

dufunk

RMS Regular
So that's like 45 quid full charge. So if driving an EV that does 210 real world, that is equivalent to 28 mpg if 1.34 a litre covering same amount of miles. Scandalous.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Well said to the man above! And yes some people can’t charge at home in which case an electric car may not be the option for them or they use better priced public chargers.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
So that's like 45 quid full charge. So if driving an EV that does 210 real world, that is equivalent to 28 mpg if 1.34 a litre covering same amount of miles. Scandalous.
The price is ridiculous to be honest, but these aren't there to be used daily to charge to full / 80%, they are designed for 5-10 minutes stops to top up enough to get home.

DougL

RMS Regular
Drives
M340i
It is daft the prices being charged in NI at the moment. I have a BMW charging card in Portugal and the price on Ionity (€12.99 per month with first year free) and I only pay €0,30 per kWh. Last charge was at a motorway service area in Portugal with 30 kWh in 20 mins and only cost around €9. The rest of the charging infrastructure here in Portugal is run by different companies but used the same BMW Charging card (or whatever company you choose to give you a card) and only costs €0,08 per minute. Find a fast charger and you can pay as little as €0.06 per kWh. They have just introduced a €0.59 session fee in addition and you get charged more for staying over 30 mins.