Numberplate stickies

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The stickies for holding numberplates keep coming unstuck... Maybe it is the cold and wet...

What is the best to use, and where to buy?

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
use a hair dryer to heat them and the surfaces up when applying ;)

yeh thats a great trick for them ..makes them stick so much better ..My brother does it with a rocket heater and the stickies are near melted ...you can hardly pull the plate of when they cool down(y)

also go to a motor factors and get the good stickies ..Halfords stickies are stupidly expensive.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Halfords ones were more expensive than gold - £5 for a tiny, tiny, tiny little patch :eek:

Got a couple of yards for free from Motoglass when I bought a new battery (y) White "normal" stickies, used heat when putting them on, seem to stay on now.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Couple of self-tappers will hold the plates on.

I stuck my plates on with 4 stickky pads, one each end and two horizontal across the middle of the plate which seal the self tapper hole.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Clean area, heat pad, apply pad, heat, position plate, press and hold, voila! (y)

96_sport

RMS Regular
Drives
E30 BMW
B&Q do number plate tape on a roll its black and double sided the same stuff used for car badges, comes on a 10m roll and can be cut to size but its £7 a roll

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
when im in the motor factor they have loads of them over where they make the numberplates, so i just ask for some. i dont know where they get them but by god theyre strong, much more so than ones you can buy in the shop. maybe try your motorfactor?

or get some plate frames theyre tidy looking i think

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.