Octavia VRS...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
He was refitting the alternator as he was cursing down the phone at me yesterday afternoon, the engine mount for the belt was a bugger of a thing also he said, no room at all around the engine!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
So yeah, now that I have some piece of mind with the belts etc done and a full service I came home from Kirkistown via the coast road to Bangor yesterday afternoon and gave it some manners, these really are such an underestimated car, i was surprised at the pace and handling mannerisms!

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's the boring stuff done Graham, now get yourself some credits and get her mapped :cool:.

One car I owned that shocked me at its driving capabilities was the ST Mondeo (derv one :oops:) went and handled brilliantly.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I pretty sure I seem you on the way out of Bangor yesterday, sitting at the lights at Dixons.

I was at the hospital yesterday morning so if it was around 09:30 it was me alright yes.

That's the boring stuff done Graham, now get yourself some credits and get her mapped :cool:.

One car I owned that shocked me at its driving capabilities was the ST Mondeo (derv one :oops:) went and handled brilliantly.

She will be getting more boost soon enough

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
The A3/A4 S-Line gear knob is a nice mod in these.

Ive the same generation Octavia and shortened the length of the gear stick shaft and put the above gear knob on and it improved the feel of the gear change massively

D_5843f1180d8b56961659416f4cb8e33c_zps96024404.jpeg

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Poor thing hasn't moved in a few weeks and after next week will be parked up again for another month or two so made the most of the long evenings there tonight and took it a good drive down strangford lough and back home along the irish sea!

13095950_969975999764334_8954944741782303133_n.jpg

Mark_C

RMS Regular
So yeah, now that I have some piece of mind with the belts etc done and a full service I came home from Kirkistown via the coast road to Bangor yesterday afternoon and gave it some manners, these really are such an underestimated car, i was surprised at the pace and handling mannerisms!

New bolts in the engine mounts I hope!

K04 from mine for sale for the bargain basement price of £250 when I remove it on Saturday :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
New bolts in the engine mounts I hope!

K04 from mine for sale for the bargain basement price of £250 when I remove it on Saturday :grinning:

No idea ref bolts , are they a must change item or what?

I'd absolutely love the turbo but with that comes a full milltek, induction and new tyres instantly to make it right and I'm in the process of buying a house so no spending for a while yet sadly :worried:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Engine mount bolts are stretch to yield.

Gutting your old cats works as well (Another member on here has tried this and could attest to it), I still use the standard exhaust. New tyres are a definite must though, I've found R888 on the front work quite well.

PS I'd heard a while back there was a revo map for TTE420 in dev - any truth in that ?

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I swear everything happens at the wrong time this year lol.

Lovely car and very well priced, someone will get a cracking motor there.

warren

RMS Photographer
Fantastic looking car. Was on the hunt for one of these about a month ago but ended up going for a Leon!

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Hmmm seriously tempted, just to get Vegas out of the way and sell my own first :rolleyes:

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Seem to be fetching £6500 upwards on mainland
Is that private or trade? Stupid question but would any of the dealers over here give you a decent cash price for it? Probably a case of going to speak to them I suppose. I put it into we buy any car for a laugh and they were coming out at £5660.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Is that private or trade? Stupid question but would any of the dealers over here give you a decent cash price for it? Probably a case of going to speak to them I suppose. I put it into we buy any car for a laugh and they were coming out at £5660.
mixture of both,

i imagine a dealer would be 4500-5000 for it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.