G24NTR

RMS Regular
The ultra rare Alpina IS300 wagon 😅
1000010794.jpg

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I think by the time we got to the mid-90's there were far more of the 305 vans still around than the cars. The vans always had a bit of following.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
The cars stopped innaround 1987 but van was made up to 1990ish
I think by the time we got to the mid-90's there were far more of the 305 vans still around than the cars. The vans always had a bit of following.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Was behind a Frontera yesterday! Actually looked in good order from the wee bit of the side I seen further up the road.

PXL_20240427_130649000.jpg

Once rated worst reliable motor after they had been out a year or two, 50th out of 50 current vehicles iirc? Didn't even realise they were still selling them in 2003!

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Was behind a Frontera yesterday! Actually looked in good order from the wee bit of the side I seen further up the road.

View attachment 432707

Once rated the 50th worst reliable motor after they had been out a year or two iirc? Didn't even realise they were still selling them in 2003!

Bought one with 6 months MOT and tax for £124! Was great fun off-road.

Not sure what 50th worst reliable vehicle even means?! 😂

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Too early in the morning lol. Worded that badly. I remember it was something like Auto Express, or one of them types, had done an article rating the 50 current (at the time) vehicles from most reliable to worst, and the Frontera was the worst at number 50 with horrible scores all round.

Ahhh the random ***** you remember from younger years rather than useful stuff 😂

DavyC

RMS Regular

View attachment 432707

Once rated worst reliable motor after they had been out a year or two, 50th out of 50 current vehicles iirc? Didn't even realise they were still selling them in 2003!
I went to buy a set of BFgoodrich tyres for a project Jeep. They were photographed on Vauxhall alloys. When I got there the wheels were still on the car. Long story short, I came home with with another project...
IMG_20230218_111501.jpg

It's 2003.
I since picked up a couple of black lwb ones like your pic for spares. One of them is 2003 and the other is AP04 ***, registered August 2004.