Panda 4x4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740

Well I've had my wee panda 4x4 since september and got some good shots at the weekend so thought I'd start a thread....
After last winter I thought a small 4x4 would be the answer for a daily driver to replace my ageing celica, looked at all sorts of toyota/suzuki's etc but this panda happened to come up at the right price/time in aberdeen so I jumped on a plane and brought it home.....
Bought with 19k, now on 33k and has been faultless....not anywhere near as slow as the figures would suggest and was the perfect winter car with snow and ice not making any difference to progress esp with the vredestein snowtrac tyres I fitted.

Anyway went for a bit of a drive toward the west of Donegal at the weekend. When driving some of the small roads I couldn't help seeing some off road tracks here and there that needed exploring.....

Never got into any trouble and the panda handled everything with ease, it's just exactly the kind of thing this car was made for....one small hill at the very end of the cliff path in the 1st shot took 3 attempts but made it up ok....highest sea cliff in Ireland at the other side so was being careful to say the least! Was great fun
happy.gif

25fochu.jpg

34eyyc3.jpg

2v0hg2a.jpg

xdxeg7.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I was hoping for an old Panda 4x4, a quiet love of mine for many years.

You don't seem shy about taking it off the black stuff. Does it perform well off-road?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
a quiet love of mine for many years.

Me too. Rocking horse poo these days. Actually good offroad too due to the size. Just back from Italy yesterday and there was loads of clean ones floating about. All the ones over here dissolved about 10 years ago :worried:

I've even a soft spot for the boggo poverty spec 2wd ones for some unknown reason :confounded:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
I was hoping for an old Panda 4x4, a quiet love of mine for many years.

You don't seem shy about taking it off the black stuff. Does it perform well off-road?

Surprisingly well tho I don't really do any proper off-roading...I'm more an oppertunist!...I think it's the light weight that helps a lot but it just seems to bounce thru/up/over everything. Great big heavy sump/gearbox guard too. The old one's are great car's....I know a guy has a mint one he would never sell. Wouldn't be a great daily driver tho.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Jimny's are only 1.3... just keep it thumping off the rev limiter and it'll go anywhere you point it :cool:

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
I echo DaddyC 's post.:laughing:

This thread was a huge anti-climax as i was expection one of the original Pandas. Good luck luck with it though.(y)

Personally i've filed this thread under B for bin.(n)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That looks like loads of fun! My dad has the Panda 100hp which I give him loads of stick for but secretly I love them. I've yet to drive his as he still lives in Scotland but Evo seems to give them a good enough rating(as he keeps reminding me lol)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
newtitel.jpg

Panda 4x4 ftw.

Do love the current shape pandas, and the 4x4 is a nice cheeky option. If it was diesel I think it would sell fantastically!

migs

RMS Regular
To provide "ordinary" pictures of this sitting in the street would have been rather dull and boring, but because you have went to the bother of doing some off roading it makes it all worthwhile lol Very cool pics! Nice wee motor too!

rosssei

RMS Regular
I had a 100hp and it was very very rapid...I think a 100HP 4x4 would be quite the hybrid! Very underrated cars...great to see someone enjoying them!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740

where is this taken?

West donegal, between ardara and glencolumkill, cliff shots we're at slieve liegue cliffs in the same area....reported to be the highest sea cliffs in europe and 3 times higher than the cliffs of moher....absolutely stunning and well well worth a drive (y)

I thought they weren't permanent 4wd

Yep they are (y)

Cheers for the positive feedback everyone......hopefully I'll get some more good roadtrips/exploration done before the summer's out!! :laughing:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
What tax bracket do these fall under?

mine's an early one so it's £100 for 6 months....not great considering it's a 1.2.....the newer one's are a lot lower tho I think (y)

I did intend to sell it after the winter but it has character missing in a lot of small cars and has sort of got under my skin.....I find myself using it more and more.....funny how we change when we get older, 10 years ago I wouldn't have been seen dead in it :oops:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Yeah technically you could be right, it says permanent 4wd on the doors and there's no switch but technically it only puts power to the back wheels when it needs it. Works well tho, even in heavy snow there was no detectable slippage while the system kicked in.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.