Porsche Cayenne - Buying Advice

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
will have a diesel facelift cayanne in the future. 4.2v8 derv with air and active dampers would be the choice but i'll probably settle with the 3ltr diesel. our macan is doing 35-38mpg and drives superb.
may scratch an L322 itch first tho.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I've worked on a couple and what I've found is that many parts are dealer only (not too expensive though if you have a trade account with VW) but mainly that they are atrocious on rust. There also seems to be constant water ingress which is great for metal, wiring and trim... Also they wear tyres out for fun, camber knocks out of adjustment every 5 seconds, as per all VAG products the undercarriage bolts rust solid and snap when you try to remove them... and also all of the underside rots, if I didn't mention that.
Diesel economy supposedly 30ish which isn't terrible but that is probably the only marginally redeeming feature over any other big SUV. Oh and a good towing capacity. But, horrific to own as an older used car would be my conclusion and while every car has it's common faults, I don't enjoy a car where those common fixes are going to cost 4 figures... on a car that's also only 4 figures...

lee2050

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
For the Cayenne lovers, I've now sold mine after 6 years of ownership. Bought an E-Tron and already thinking about driving it down to Belfast Porsche and trading it in to get another Cayenne. Doesn't come close to the Cayenne other than it costs about Ā£6 now to drive 100 miles :joy:

Waiting patiently to see if they release an all electric Cayenne following on from the Macan...

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
For the Cayenne lovers, I've now sold mine after 6 years of ownership. Bought an E-Tron and already thinking about driving it down to Belfast Porsche and trading it in to get another Cayenne. Doesn't come close to the Cayenne other than it costs about Ā£6 now to drive 100 miles :joy:

Waiting patiently to see if they release an all electric Cayenne following on from the Macan...

Had a loan of a petrol Macan last week, really nice. I actually liked it a lot more than I expected to.