Possible iffy mileage on this s3??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
Well the third pic is the same pic they where using before so I would say yes it the car and it was all over Facebook about the mileage as well

8vmk2

RMS Regular
OP
8vmk2
Drives
Clio 172 CUP
Pain in the hole, don't even think the 150k would have put him off in the slightest.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
was up for £3500 i think recently, been for sale for ages

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
says full stamped service history up to 112,000 wonder where it was serviced , could follow up on that?

sssimon

RMS Regular
Drives
1.8t a3
I tried to go see this a few weeks ago after seeing the car on the roadside and then finding it on gumtree, but when he found out I lived 500 yds from him he stopped replying to texts or calls and the advert disappeared.

Never got as far as an hpi but it was advertised at 112k when I called him

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
Had posted on Facebook and someone else said to him about it having 150k advert disappeared shortly after

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah noticed that s3 myself got a cut then the price hike, think theres a former owner on here.

Dont think the thread will last long either going by recent rules.

colin84

RMS Regular
That car seems to have had a few owners lately. Was for sale on here around Christmas time to.

Conor

RMS Regular
likely an ebay service history.

I've always wondered, surely a paper service booklet will look 'aged' if it's genuine, especially with a car as above that's 14 yo, and an Ebay special will be brand new paper. That would have to ring alarm bells with most?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I said above it was all over facebook about this particular S3 being clocked.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I've always wondered, surely a paper service booklet will look 'aged' if it's genuine, especially with a car as above that's 14 yo, and an Ebay special will be brand new paper. That would have to ring alarm bells with most?

A couple of greasy paws round it and a few folded pages and I'd say most people wouldn't bat an eyelid.

It's a pity because it's a nice motor, some unsuspecting person will get landed with it unfortunately

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
it been a few members car on over the years, @Marc then somebody else, then someone else again??
I had Marc's after him, had rs4 wheels, didn't have heated seats,different reg, didn't have chrome wing mirrors and I think it was lower,don't think it's it but maybe if it's had all that changed then definitely clocked because I sold it with 117k 4-5 years ago. If it was advertised as 150k then definitely report it, far too much of this going on. Regardless of all that, it looks keek with those wheels, here's our old one, I loved this car...
image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.