Post your motorbikes :D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
image.jpg

image.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Did indeed!

Yoshimura RS5 exhuast, R&G crash protectors, tail tidy and bobbins, rear seat cowl... all things I would have added myself.

Well pleased with it.
Not had it out properly yet though.
Bloody weather!

Last edited:

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
Health to ride

Really like that, maybe someday when I get a bit of experience below my belt I will get something like that.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Central tail pipe ftw! I'm sure it sounds immense with the Yoshimura! Not always a fan of plastic rocket ships but I have to say that looks a mean bit of kit. Doubt I'd be able to use as much as 50% of that things potential on the road.

Liking the comparison next to the MSX 125. Opposite ends of the Honda power spectrum! That's what I love about bikes, you don't need 150bhp to have fun on them, but at the same time there's nothing like a big sports bike thou to focus the mind out on the road!

Here's hoping we get some decent weather again this year to get out and enjoy it!

Hel

RMS Regular
Looks great, some weapon from the MSX. I have those stands in silver but they look fantastic in black... oooh la la. (y)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Looks great, some weapon from the MSX. I have those stands in silver but they look fantastic in black... oooh la la. (y)

Yeah got those stands off Demon Tweeks. £70ish for the pair delivered. Hard to beat!
The MSX125 will definitely have to go now unfortunately or else I'm getting divorced!
I've stuck it on Gumtree.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Still got the nc30?

Nah it went down the road a while back.
Restored it up to a point and shifted it on before I lost the head and went to town on it!

MSX-125 went down the road today.
Got full asking price for it with all the extras too so happy enough. Gave him a wee cheap paddock stand as a luck penny.

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
My Aprilia RSV4 APRC Factory,

Bought this last year and I love it, nice to get back I to an Aprilia as my first bike was an RS125 :grinning:

Since buying the bike I bought
Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder and matching clutch lever.
A lot of Austin Racing carbon
Austin Racing GP2 race exhaust
Ffabrini double bubble screen

Things still to get,

Austin racing rear sets
R&G protection
Aprilia race ECU

image.jpg

Below pictures beside my old R1
image.jpg

Brembo rcs 19 levers
image.jpg

Random spin out last year
image.jpg

Last edited:

slag

RMS Regular
Health to ride @gcon45 that Blade looks really tidy. Well chuffed I imagine?

I've got to admit that I am rather envious of your man cave, it makes my garage look like a right dump! :p

Another stunner @ian i bet the noise is addictive!

How are you finding the RCS? I've just ordered one myself and hoping it's worth the money.

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
Thanks slag the RCS19 are awesome Huge difference over standard a lot more feel, I had IRC on my R1 and I can even notice a huge difference over them :grinning: worth every penny mate.

Last edited:

slag

RMS Regular
Happy days, as the stock MC is sh1t on my bike and the brakes are woeful when hammering on.

Any idea if the aftermarket brake hoses (Goodridge etc.) mate up to the RCS19 with the correct banjo bolt? I'm not sure whether to stick with 3 hoses or 2 up front. :confounded:

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
Yea your goodridge hoses will be perfect with it, the aprilia came with a brembo MS standard but I still noticed a huge difference to fitting the RCS it also comes with your brake light switch which I'd easily fitted :grinning: 2 separate hoses to each caliper is best on the front ;)

slag

RMS Regular
Cool, I ordered up some hoses with 2 for the front. You reckon there is any real benefit? It might look a little less cluttered with the new ones I guess.

How does your RSV4 compare to your R1 anyway dude?

I was scared to Google Austin Racing there til I seen they didn't make anything for my bike.. The credit card is safe for now! :p It definately looks like quality gear tho. (y)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Health to ride @gcon45 that Blade looks really tidy. Well chuffed I imagine?

I've got to admit that I am rather envious of your man cave, it makes my garage look like a right dump! :p

Over the moon mate.
It's what I've been working towards since stepping on a bike.
It's got all the extras already on it that I would have fitted too.

The basement garage is handy although it's more a byproduct of the fact that our house sits a storey's height off road level so I've basically got a whole floor down below. All I need now is a kettle and a bed and I can move down there!

slag

RMS Regular
Man a basement, that is awesome lol!! That's the best place for a drum kit to rock the house!

MSX is away already? :worried: :broken_heart:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Yeah I put it on Gumtree on Monday morning and it was away on Monday afternoon. Sad to see it go!

slag

RMS Regular
I can't say I'm surprised it sold so quickly, they seem to be in demand!

I still haven't decided if I'm mad enough to own one.

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
Cool, I ordered up some hoses with 2 for the front. You reckon there is any real benefit? It might look a little less cluttered with the new ones I guess.

How does your RSV4 compare to your R1 anyway dude?

I was scared to Google Austin Racing there til I seen they didn't make anything for my bike.. The credit card is safe for now! :p It definitely looks like quality gear tho. (y)

Yea the Austin Racing stuff is all top spec but then you get what you pay for :p

Emm the Rsv4 is a very different animal all together, it has so much mid range torque over an in-line 4 1000cc I've been glad of the TC and Anti wheelie a few times lol. Top speeds would be similar to the R1 and a little faster than the RR8 blade I had before it. Also it benefits from engine braking being a V4, not as severe as a V twin but a lot more than an R1, Blade or a GSXR 1000 etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.