Power Hose Setup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@Lyons Unfortunately not, high pressure reels are not cheap and would be mainly used for the likes of a car wash. No bother!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've a k4 and a fifteen meter hose I just disconect the lance and wrap the hose around the machine isn't an inconvenience, plus takes up no more room than the machine itself. By the sound of it you want it mounted inside the garage somewhere with a cheap reel and a hole in the wall so the only thing you've to take out is the lance and connect it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Cleantec do you have any photos of that reel?

If I change to a Nilfisk unit, can the ends of my hose be changed accordingly?

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@Cleantec do you have any photos of that reel?

If I change to a Nilfisk unit, can the ends of my hose be changed accordingly?

Here is a picture of the reel:

If you change to a Nilfisk then just purchase one without a hose reel on it. The only thing you will need is a small adaptor that screws onto the Nilfisk outlet and allows the small hose coming out of the reel to fit onto it instead of the Karcher. You can keep the Karcher hose and lance on the reel, it does not need to be taken off.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I found the easiest way of removing the "hassle" factor was to use an "expanding" hose from tap (newly sited to front of the house but on the side if that makes sense?) to the power washer that I then just plug in and place at door of garage..... My 10m Karcher hose then covers the whole car from every angle, hose is looped and stored unattached from Karcher after each wash and the expanding hose collapses to just a few feet in length and can be stored in a shoebox size container with no reeling in whatsoever

Expanding hose was only about £8 from the Bay

Deemc

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro Is200
I love the way @Deemc has his connected up at his garage. Its tidly put away under the bench and then he has a reel attached to the bench for the hose which is at the door of tha garage and then hangers for the attachemts and brushes..

Real easy taken out and put away.

When i build my next garage ill be doing a similar setup.

You know it Sean!! Tidy man me lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.