project barn find,cosworth mondeo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mark King

RMS Regular
OP
Mark King
Drives
Cars
few more things gathered up
thanks to mk motorsport for doing my turbo hanger welding is awesome

also got the solid rear beam mounts from him

got the start of my Aeroquip from torques on ebay I've decided to use black

got some of my new brake lines as well

the expensive stuff now:worried:
got my gearbox and diffs back from bara motorsport
gone for one of his front 7" diffs which is a copy of the old r and d

decide to go 3.9 drop gears on the car so when the cwp was getting changed I got the bearings and viscous redone when it was all in bits

I bought the gearbox second hand but as I was changing the cwp in the diff I needed the drop gears changed,turns out the box already had 3.9 drop gears so that's a result but the chain was slack so that was replaced and a few other bits done

turbo has been sent back as it was supplied wrong so hopefully that wont be long until its back

so all I need now is the car:sob::sob:

RCT

RMS Regular
Starting to get all the bits gathered up rightly now Mark! Who made up and swagged your black brakelines? I'm doing a car soon with the braided fuel hose and for using the black fittings, but I'm wanting the teflon fuel lines to keep the petrol fumes down. Is the black aero quip lines the earls stuff and does it breath/sweat the petrol fumes?

Mark King

RMS Regular
OP
Mark King
Drives
Cars
Starting to get all the bits gathered up rightly now Mark! Who made up and swagged your black brakelines? I'm doing a car soon with the braided fuel hose and for using the black fittings, but I'm wanting the teflon fuel lines to keep the petrol fumes down. Is the black aero quip lines the earls stuff and does it breath/sweat the petrol fumes?

Hi Richard,thanks it's getting there,Roy in sport and spares did the brake lines. And the fuel line is the proper -6 Teflon for fuel. I got it from torques on eBay the have all the fittings etc aswell. They do -10 and -12 Teflon aswell,I'll put the link up shortly for you.

nathan46

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 420d
Just read this from start to finish, nice to see someone thinking outside the box and rebuilding something completely different that nobody would think of. Love the colour!

Mark King

RMS Regular
OP
Mark King
Drives
Cars
got the engine finished last night got good oil pressure so im happy:grinning:
got the :grinning:clutch/flywheel bolted on and the sub frame front diff and the gear box

picked the car up from tk motors and as usual thieve done a 1st class job

so now I get cracking with the build:grinning:

stevyg

RMS Regular
Aaaaany colour you like :party:

tayla_rainbow_colors.png

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.