R26R v Focus RS at Kirkistown (Trackskills)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Fe-QTiooA]YouTube - R26R v Focus RS at Kirkistown racetrack (Trackskills)[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Fe-QTiooA"][/ame]

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I'm surprised at how quick the FRS is....I would have thought the R26-R would have been off and away.

Is the R26 supposed to sound like that?! What a racket!!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
My god the R26 sounds ridiculous! :p I take it you have it mapped or something? I thought the FRS was meant to be MUCH faster in a straight line

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Yeah that's where I heard it, I haven't been interested enough to see if this has been proven/dis-proven before

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
OP
nigelmcg
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
as soon as i passed him i was able to pull away, the focus was going round in about 1min11secs, i was able to pull 1min9secs yesterday...

focus is quick, but also pretty heavy...

titanium exhaust makes that weird darth vader breathing sound, exaggerated by the lack of sound deadening and no back seats...

jc7891

RMS Regular
Sounds class nigel, but who cares about noise it's a proper track car! Looked like u were fairly pushin the rs on

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
impressive fella and plenty of shouting and hand signals at other drivers just like the pros LOL

Smog

RMS Regular
Looks really fun :laughing:

I *was* wondering why you had the radio on... but yeah now that my ears are bleeding I know why - :scream:

Dinger

RMS Member
Drives
Omega/Scooby/Nov
Nigel,
I was in the scooby in front :laughing:......until i did my cool down lap !!
Good craic, cant wait til next month.

Tommy

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
was the focus on road or trailered?

looks alot like 1 i seen just outside rubane that day

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
the focus was driven

and nigel the focus did manage a 1.09 but that was at the peak of you pair having a go.

another thing that amazed me was the focus carrying it's inside rear round the hairpin, never thought a car that size and weight could cock the wheel up like the wee clio's and mk2's tend to lol

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
if it was driven then i am near sure its the same 1 i seen, i actually beeped at it just because it looked stunning haha

driver was probably more worried about if somebody was driving my car as most people cant see me behind the wheel due to height :p

Skiman

Banned
I'm surprised at how quick the FRS is....I would have thought the R26-R would have been off and away.

Is the R26 supposed to sound like that?! What a racket!!

Was thinking the same thing myself, not that impressed by the focus rs but I thought the Megane would have been a lot quicker. R26R doesnt look that impressive either.
I couldnt stand that noise in the R26R either.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think you also need to take into account driver skill. Was the FRS driver fully committed? Or just exploring the car a bit? Was he on semi slicks?

Nigel has had the megane for a good while now and done a lot of track time in it, which may be a factor here. Although it shouldnt be a problem on the straights.

On paper are they not similar power to weight?

bob

RMS Regular
Turn in looks great in that Megane, 2 very fast cars! Did the focus have a passenger? What other sort of vehicles would be lapping in a 1:09?

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
I think you also need to take into account driver skill. Was the FRS driver fully committed? Or just exploring the car a bit? Was he on semi slicks?

Nigel has had the megane for a good while now and done a lot of track time in it, which may be a factor here. Although it shouldnt be a problem on the straights.

On paper are they not similar power to weight?

The focus had conti's on Pablo iirc and more than likely the standard brake fluid.

Turn in looks great in that Megane, 2 very fast cars! Did the focus have a passenger? What other sort of vehicles would be lapping in a 1:09?

Any time I saw the focus it was 2 up though I didn't see it that time.

I think Gixermark can do a 1.06/7 in the wet in his blade kitcar.

Skiman

Banned
Focus did well to keep up then, more impressed with the FRS than the R26R and I normally HATE fords!

Get an STi Type RA on the track to show them how its done.

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
slip stream would of helped you get by him instead of sitting on the otherside of the track.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.