Reg transfer advice (again)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Glad they have one system that's fantastic... Still waiting on my tax refund from February

Muppets

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Ended up putting the reg on retention online on Saturday and the certificate and new V5 arrived yesterday. What a fantastic system! It means I can get the new reg on the car tonight before the buyer collects rather than have to fart about meeting up for plates etc again.

With regards to putting the plate onto our new car, I assume I should/have to wait until the V5 has arrived in our name?
It's a good system for sure. I was able to get the new plate on the mondeo an hour after mot. No messing sending **** back and forward.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I'll be putting my car up for sale next week and wanted to enquire about putting the plate on retention so that theres no messing about come time of sale. Sounds like its quite an easy job now, and not half the faff of having to move it directly to another car, which meant having to buy your new car and waiting for several weeks while everything swapped over before you could actually sell the old car!

RCT

RMS Regular
It's a good system for sure. I was able to get the new plate on the mondeo an hour after mot. No messing sending **** back and forward.

It doesn't work if you've a double barrel surname and then you have to send all off to Swansea. We have encountered this with some of our customers. I recently did a retention And a plate swap between 2 of my own cars and for the first it was very easy and an automatic issue of the original plate and tax book sent out. For the other car it was suppose to be the same as you, an hour later the plate should of been on it, but it wouldn't let me do it. Had to be sent off to Swansea, but it was done by them in a matter of days and not the usual 2 weeks turnaround time.
But as a whole the new system is very good imo, just need to iron out the wee glitches.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On Sat 11th July I sent via the special delivery system (was signed for on Monday 13th July)

2 x V5's
1 x V317
1 x V10 (i think)
1 x cheque for £260 (Tax and transfer fee)
1 x Insurance certificate

Yesterday the tax books returned to us, with the name change on her new car along with with the transfer complete from Mini to Toldeo and a brand new XFZ reg for the Mini.

I wont complain at that for service

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Ended up putting the reg on retention online on Saturday and the certificate and new V5 arrived yesterday. What a fantastic system! It means I can get the new reg on the car tonight before the buyer collects rather than have to fart about meeting up for plates etc again.

With regards to putting the plate onto our new car, I assume I should/have to wait until the V5 has arrived in our name?
@Lyons did you have to wait for the new v5 to come through?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.