Reverse Camera Install Woes!! :(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
My dad put one of these on his caddy last weekend actually. A different model than yours though, and its ran through a stand alone screen. He put a switch on his as well so he can flick it on when driving, to see a view of the trailer behind him. Ive an Alpine camera on the s3 and its one of the best things ive done!

Ant

RMS Regular
yeah, i loved having it on my last car, maybe just get someone to install one for me, the thought of having to get that head unit/fascia/fan surround off again, utter ballache levering something through the front of the vents to unclip it on the z4

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
so my camera arrived today, a project for over the hoidays, where did you end up taking your 12v feed from?

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
just went for the same one as gpaevo got at 7.50 delivered was a no brainer

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
I got one of those piggyback fuses and found a switchable live in the fuse box. Just ran a cable to the camera and fitted the earth to the factory one at the back of the van.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
yes and no, have it in but i had the same problem works fine when the engine is off but scrambles when engine is running, just haven't had a chance to run the live yet, for the money it's a great job and as already said the red line lines up perfectly with bumper

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.