S2000 Project

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Cheers pal. Yeah this one is pretty fresh for a 6 year old car. Bitten by the mod big already though. Need a loan lol

I know the feeling. I couldn't rest till I got a Mugen (replica) roof on mine, was a nightmare getting my hands on one from America as they disppear within minutes of going on sale anywhere in UK, wouldn't do it again though as the OEM top is just as good for much less ££.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
I know the feeling. I couldn't rest till I got a Mugen (replica) roof on mine, was a nightmare getting my hands on one from America as they disppear within minutes of going on sale anywhere in UK, wouldn't do it again though as the OEM top is just as good for much less ££.
Found a company that will ship to UK and so just need to get into contact with them and find total price inclding shipping. Failing that, there may be a guy selling one on facebook so I'll see how much he's looking :laughing:

Mugen roofs totally change these! Do it!
Will do mate! Once I've the funds :laughing: Should definately transform it as you said.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Found a company that will ship to UK and so just need to get into contact with them and find total price inclding shipping. Failing that, there may be a guy selling one on facebook so I'll see how much he's looking :laughing:

Mugen style one? Good stuff. The brackets are a bit awkward to fit on them but they're a great looking top. If you ever need a hand with the brackets or anything feel free to give me a shout (y)

My old one ...........

i13461.jpg

sduk

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
love these, if i didn't need 4 seats and a big boot i would have one without a doubt. My friend has just bought one, can't wait to photograph it! Mugen roof will be totally worth it, will make it stand out from the others you see!

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Mugen style one? Good stuff. The brackets are a bit awkward to fit on them but they're a great looking top. If you ever need a hand with the brackets or anything feel free to give me a shout (y)

My old one ...........

i13461.jpg
That's absolutely incredible. Where did you get yours from mate? Appreciate the offer bud, I probably will need a hand haha. I'm a noob with stuff like that. Is the fitment ok? No modifications required?

love these, if i didn't need 4 seats and a big boot i would have one without a doubt. My friend has just bought one, can't wait to photograph it! Mugen roof will be totally worth it, will make it stand out from the others you see!
Wish I was good with a camera to get some real nice photos. Got my choice of rims down to two, picked out the exhaust I want and also what coilovers and other suspension parts I want. Just need the money now. Could be taking a nice little loan out to get theory done at once. Lol!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Nice! Sorry. Didn't realise I was in someone's thread. Got confuddled between this and the heat soak s2k thread.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That's absolutely incredible. Where did you get yours from mate? Appreciate the offer bud, I probably will need a hand haha. I'm a noob with stuff like that. Is the fitment ok? No modifications required?

Got it straight from a supplier in USA, organised the shipping etc myself. Fitment wasn't perfect, but 98% there, I made some adjustments myself notably to seals and things - all worked ok in the end with no leaking, though I did have a little wind noise at one side window (albeit only at speed) which I never managed to sort out. Roof needed a lot of prepping by the bodyshop though.

There are various suppliers of Mugen rep roofs though, so the one you get may not be the same as the one I got....

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
p.s. you need to have a think also then how you want the finish on the roof. Painted same colour as car all over, or paint it totally different (e.g. grey body / black roof), etc. With mine I painted it silverstone all over then went with black gloss vinyl on the side strips to blend in better into the windows, and also did the recessed section in the middle of the roof.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
p.s. you need to have a think also then how you want the finish on the roof. Painted same colour as car all over, or paint it totally different (e.g. grey body / black roof), etc. With mine I painted it silverstone all over then went with black gloss vinyl on the side strips to blend in better into the windows, and also did the recessed section in the middle of the roof.
Might go for a carbon fibre shell. Then if I get sick of the carbon, a thin layer of moon rock leaving the carbon weave.
Do you work for a bodyshop? Or just plenty of experience? I'd be terrified of doing that sort of work myself lol

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Might go for a carbon fibre shell. Then if I get sick of the carbon, a thin layer of moon rock leaving the carbon weave.
Do you work for a bodyshop? Or just plenty of experience? I'd be terrified of doing that sort of work myself lol

No don't work for a bodyshop but my family have been running a garage doing servicing/bodywork/sales etc since 1982, so I grew up round it and not scared to get stuck in myself lol.

To be brutally honest, buying a rep Mugen roof can be very hit and miss - don't think I'd chance it again unless I had major £££ to throw at a genuine one. I've heard some horror stories of people getting them and fitment so bad it just won't go on, I was a bit worried about that before mine came but it turned out ok in the end. Do your research on the USA forums and go with a tried and tested supplier, even if they're not as cheap as others.

The OEM Honda top is almost as nice, that will do me next time :p

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2

As Gaze say u need to decide on colour and what way u want it to look
Here a few better pics than the one I sent you on FB Tim but will talk to abit more on sat about it and you can see for urself

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394718600.828994.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394718680.378797.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394718700.328805.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
No don't work for a bodyshop but my family have been running a garage doing servicing/bodywork/sales etc since 1982, so I grew up round it and not scared to get stuck in myself lol.

To be brutally honest, buying a rep Mugen roof can be very hit and miss - don't think I'd chance it again unless I had major £££ to throw at a genuine one. I've heard some horror stories of people getting them and fitment so bad it just won't go on, I was a bit worried about that before mine came but it turned out ok in the end. Do your research on the USA forums and go with a tried and tested supplier, even if they're not as cheap as others.

The OEM Honda top is almost as nice, that will do me next time :p
'Almost' being the key work. I've only heard good things about Rockstar Garage Mugen style hardtops and few guys over here have them. Planning to meet up with a guy on sat who has one to get a better look. He said fitment was spot on, no alterations required and their moulds have only got better so I'm told so worth a try I'd say lol. All the guys in the US rave about them to.

Well if I ever get into a pickle with fitting your certainly the guy I'll come to provided your happy to help haha!
Need about £6k for all these plans.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I remember seeing a S2000 with a hard top that covered the boot. Made it look like the BMW M coupe breadvan. I really liked it

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
I remember seeing a S2000 with a hard top that covered the boot. Made it look like the BMW M coupe breadvan. I really liked it
That's the Spoon one. Looks sick to but big money again. £4k+

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Hi mate, welcome to the club! Nice car btw,

For me the hardtop is the OEM, you need to be doing it like the yellow one for the Spoon to look right! The Mugen is a nice top too tho and would look well in any form