'Safe' Cars, Financially!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If I had £13k burning a hole in my pocket right now @Conor , I would have this parked on my driveway:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/1983-Audi-Quattro-RHD-142355936
142355938.400.jpg

kippermoon

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 rs/impreza r
there's a very tidy looking mk1 rs focus for 7950 on the focusrsoc classifieds which was just listed today.better than any isa?

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Ek9 type R's have almost doubled in the last few years, look at the price for a fresh import. 12k for a good one.

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
I daily drivered a vx220 then a vx220 turbo as my only car for 18months. They have gone up in value since then and if you buy a clean standard one won't lose a penny especially if buying in march.
You need a bit of a sense of humour driving one daily but there isn't much to go wrong and if it does it's all cheap parts. Not much on the road will keep up with one from a standing start either.

I had the use of a VX220 turbo in November for about a week and it was the most fun I've ever had in a car with my clothes on. You do need a sense of humour. The sill is huge so getting out of them is a fitness test, you get just as wet in the rain with the roof up or down, and it goes sideways when it wants to, not when you want it to. Sometimes at less than 30 mph. Such a car. I loved it. Can't see them depreciating anytime soon.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
EF or EK9 Civic, CRX, Late DC2 Integras, R32 GTR, AE86, S13 Silvia, 205 GTI, MK1/2 Golf, Mini... basically anything like that from the 90's...

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
Would you go for something like an Elise or vx220? May not exactly be comfortable for long distances but shouldn't lose a pile and should be a bit of craic. Especially if you're home after travelling and want a blast out :grinning:

You can buy a quick saloon when your ancient, like me :p

Nah, just can't see myself doing regular 70-80 mile motorway drives in something like that.

It was still there the other day when I passed .did it sell recently??

That thing was the reason I put the Touareg up for sale. Lol I see it isn't on their website anymore. :worried:

BMW 6 series
BMW Z4M coupe
Petrol Range Rover?

These are all in NI.
audi-rs6-quattro-auto-full-spec-car-107490025-3.jpg
bmw-m5-m5-S1647154-1.jpg

mercedes-benz-s-class-S1677656-4.jpg
jaguar-xj-4-2-v8-super-4dr-fsh-24-months-warranty-superb-110653789-4.jpg

No to all except that M5, have been looking at that for a while too. The RS6 would be ideal but they are an unreliable beast and generally not considered that collectible.

If I had £13k burning a hole in my pocket right now @Conor , I would have this parked on my driveway:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/1983-Audi-Quattro-RHD-142355936
142355938.400.jpg

Beautiful, but it'd be a sin to drive that as a daily. I have no interest in the whole daily/weekend thing.

That's absolutely awesome! I might give you a shout if the Touareg sells, that's right up the street of what I'm after TBH.

Surprising amount of enquiries for the jeep, have two viewers lined up already.

Also, as much as I appreciate all the input, please stop suggesting Twin Cams and Civics, I can't think of anything I'd want less with all due respect to any owners!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Saw your jeep advertised I would say it will sell well! Have a guy trying to buy the E55 at the moment trading in an E39 M5 but who knows...amazing when you look into it that the equivilant e39 M5 to my E55 would probably fetch £12k+ from anything I can see advertised. The merc may not be as poised but I tell you what its a lovely cruiser and it can seriously shift when needed (the M5 feels no real quicker in a straight line to me), more so than 354 bhp and and auto box would suggest, and other than body rust (which is non existant on mine) the W210 E55 doesnt seem to give much bother. Definitely a useable and appreciating car.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Yeah I'd have an E39 M5 over an E55.

I think values of a good facelift E39 are likely to continue rising, not the case with an E55 IMHO.

Yes, so would I, if there wasn't a considerable price difference. When the rusty tired E55s are gone the minters that are left will make stronger money, same with anything. The right car is certainly not depreciating anyway.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
996 911? Porsches only seem to be rising at the moment.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.