Satin black Pissrat Estate - The end has come

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The car has to be permanently marked/branded as a Scally Rally car, which ties it to the rally. Stickers alone aren't really enough to make it a Scally Rally car as we found last year, but as it was out first year, they let us go with it (didn't really know what to do to it to be honest).

Plenty of inspiration within seconds of arriving in the starting car park though (you'd need to be there to understand.. lol)

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
if your scrapping this after the rally coog I would buy some parts off you..need the entire door latch from passenger side and electric window switches

5gtt

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDi 150
Perfect machine for scally rally, will be interesting to see wot you do with it!

hard to beat supercheap daily drivers. I paid £80 for a 1998 xantia estate with 103k miles that I use as a daily driver.

The previous owner thought it was wrecked, all was wrong was a hydraulic return pipe had ripped off on the road.

i got a free xantia last year and it was a great car, like a massive sofa really and it took to jumps fairly well, chunky69 will agree! also managed to get 300 for it when mot ran out

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
if your scrapping this after the rally coog I would buy some parts off you..need the entire door latch from passenger side and electric window switches

Chunky - will give you a shout chum. It's 99.9% going to scrap heaven so will probably be breaking it for the juicey bits before I send it off. Will let you know.

Still no clue what to do with the car yet :confounded:

Oh and I've now got a few mates looking scallyrally cars, so if any of you boys come across something could you give me a shout?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Today the pissrat got treated to a £20 satin black respray. Still needs another once over to catch all the wee remaining patches. Came out pretty well :p

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

So tempted to drop it on its ass but it may be useless for the scally with 4 blokes in it.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Thats proper bo. Why not get 4 blokes in it, and measure the drop, and then chop springs to match!

(y)

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Craig - you will be able to carry 4 people (even large people) happily in that when she is decked - only bit to worry about is the sump

Mine is still on its hole and gets thrown down most roads every bit as hard as it would at a sensible ride height.

Gonne raise mine a wee touch though to prevent blowing more turbo's - i keep squashing the sump against the strainer preventing oil to the turbo :worried: Should be fixed now - some 6mm plate and agricultural welding ;)

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
DSC00090.jpg

Loved the Jurassic park idea although Im seeing some sort of BP pipeline disaster team decals along with some fake $100 dollar bills lacquered onto the bonnet.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That's that settled, I'll lower it a spot. I take it only B3/B4 estate springs fit these? Seem to be pretty expensive/hard to find. Feels wrong spending more than what the car cost on springs.

That's an absolutely cracking idea Rocko!! (y)

Andy, just got sorted at Comber autospares. Think it was £3 a tin and I used 5 and a bit tins and a roll of masking tape. Rubbed down all the panels till they were a good key, masked most of it up that I could be arsed masking, some panel wipes and just blasted it with paint. Did the lower parts with stonechip but no doubt most of it will be flaking off by Sunday afternoon anyway.

Andy_Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
ibiza cupra 20vt
Get the grinder out :p get them springs chopped

Sweet think i will most definatly be spraying mine next weekend lol going to need some isopon for all the rust though :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Deffo up for a ****ter shoot! (y)

Be a few up for that I'd say.

Lowered it today, sits at what I'd say is a 'normal' height now. Boy those rear strut tops are a pain in the arse to get at. Took more time taking the rear of the interior apart than anything else :relieved:

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
Looks really well now Craig wish I hadnt sold it now.. lol.

You def got yourself a bargin there.. Good luck with the rally and I will be there next year.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Would you sell the towbar????

Yeah, when I'm done with the car I'll pull it off and give you a shout chum... I'm using the car to tow bits and bobs about & for general work so need it for the time being. It's a Brink one too IIRC.

Got mine off here Rob (C11ris ^^). Needed a bit of tinkering, timing set, etc but runs brilliantly now :party:

I found a wanted advert on here works best. Got both my scally cars off nice, friendly RMS members :grinning:

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
yes triple barge photoshoot ...mine now has complete electric window fail ..rear door fail ...but still running the best

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.