So you want to go to the Nürburgring? From NI to the Green Hell

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
To any of the guys who've been to the Ring, do the dates on the calendar ever change once they go up?

The dates are up for 2016 and myself and a couple of friends are looking to drive over the second weekend in September (9th-11th). This will be our first time going.

Are we too early to consider starting to book accommodation and ferries for September?

I figured the sooner we all get locked in to a weekend, the more time I have to spread out purchases for the trip and prepping the car.

2016.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Should be alright. Although if you can a weekend on the ring is far far quieter. I went on a Monday evening and near enough had the whole ring to myself. Got passed by a Mk5 GTI race car and a Nissan GTR in the first couple of minutes and then overtook a couple of Clio 197s in the last couple of minutes and that was it, empty otherwise.

This thread and reminded me of my love for the ring, need to get back, won't be this year though :worried:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Should be alright. Although if you can a weekend on the ring is far far quieter. I went on a Monday evening and near enough had the whole ring to myself. Got passed by a Mk5 GTI race car and a Nissan GTR in the first couple of minutes and then overtook a couple of Clio 197s in the last couple of minutes and that was it, empty otherwise.

This thread and reminded me of my love for the ring, need to get back, won't be this year though :worried:
A weekend on the ring is far quieter? Do you mean a week day? The sound of a quiet attempt sounds very appealing, especially as I'd be a first timer.

I've been wanting to do this for years so really hope we can get something sorted soon.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Cooper - looks like time for an RMS goes to the 'Ring 2016 thread!
I'm available most weekends at short notice - though try to choose a weekend when there is some sunlight, so I can take a decent picture please :p
@Arfur - I've got £500 here for a nice blue ST with full MOT - are you biting?
@Coog - the gayest car in the village is waiting for your firm buttocks
@Paddy_R - I've got an even bigger camera this year ;) - (I might not have got the right member here.... my apologies if it wasn't you at the 'ring last time)
@jonny_52 - dost the Clio still live or did you get rid? Again, forgive me if you are not King of the sofa sellers and I got the wrong tag.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Could be a change of plan this year with all this talk of renting Suzuki's! I quite fancy the road trip but perhaps not just with one car.

And I will avoid touching anyone's car again. Even when they give me full permission to go at it :worried: lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Cartunes you got the right man! It's a great area for photos alright. Trying to talk my brother into going too though he's got no interest in cars at all but he's big into photography.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Are we too early to consider starting to book accommodation and ferries for September?

September is fine for me. We had Fog one morning last October, Arfur and I watched it very slowly dissipate at Adenau Forest? (Citation needed) while the boys were itching to get on the track where it was perfectly clear. Autumn will bring more chance of the white stuff I suppose.......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.