Soft top cleaner/proofer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ant

RMS Regular
Picking up a z4 tomorrow roof motor is fried so going get that fixed this week,
(could use a decent going over as well loads of wee marks etc, i'm in mallusk so probably going try get it round after that to @big_pete hopefully if you're not snowed under for a 1 day enchancement ;)
)

Anyway main issue for me is i've never had a soft top before, anyone got anyone got recommendations on what cleaner/waterproofer to use, i'm guessing i just don't hoof snowfoam/dodo juice shampo on it like i normally would to clean it

AndyG

RMS Regular
The renovo stuff is pretty good or if you plan to keep the car a while the swissvax stuff would be worth the investment

Ant

RMS Regular
OP
Ant
Ordered a 500ml bottle of renovo reviver, might pickup that swissvax proofing kit towards the end of the month

edit > doh! lol i literally just typed that as your message appeared Pete, thanks anyway

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If the car is in with me it will be part of the package buddy, just something we do on all softtops when we have them in :grinning:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I have the Autoglym Fabric Hood cleaner and conserver and I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed. I love Autoglym stuff but it didn't make much of a difference. I'm going to order the Renovo cleaner, rejuvenation and protector products and give the MX5 a going over.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I fell like I've wasted too much time and energy using Renovo cleaner and proofer which I've found wholly inadequate.

Has anyone tried 303 Convertible Top Cleaner and 303 Fabric Guard?

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
I used Meguairs cleaner which made a difference to my z3s soft top. It got the green removed from it but I had to do it twice. To protect it I put my hardtop back on (needed space in the garage) lol.

JCW Mini

RMS Member
Drives
Defender
Hi,
I've used both 303 products on my 124 Cabriolet hood......can certainly say they're excellent.
I didn't spray them on but used an old paint brush preventing any overspray on bodywork which can be very difficult to remove when dry!
Highly recommended

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
Its worth checking out what your soft top is, vinyl or fabric. Different products for the job. I tend to use 303 Aerospace Protectant. (S2000 roof is vinyl) this protects from UV rays, and as such prevents your soft top going from black to grey!! As mentioned be careful how you apply it as its a complete Mother to get off paintwork and glass. Some of the various water beeding products offer no UV protection, so you still end up with a faded roof.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Gave Renovo proofer another go ther week (only because I saw it at a good price in Bosun Bob's in Bangor) and finally saw some beading action this morning.

IMAG6294.jpg

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I've used the AutoGlym kit before. I surprisingly found it very good.

It turned a dry untreated roof, with some algae into a very fresh sealed roof.

I haven't done a soft top in quite a few years, but certainly then the Renovo stuff got good reviews... Naybe there is something new out now?!?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.