Solar Trickle Chargers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone any experience with these?

Not using the Jeep as much over the summer and noticing that the battery would be pretty low after being stood a week. Usually it gets pulled out at the weekend to go to work but if it doesn't and I leave it a fortnight then it will be dead the following weekend.

I see Maplins are doing one of these chargers for £10

SolarPowered 12V 1.5W Battery Trickle Charger Free Delivery : Solar Battery Chargers : Maplin

Worth a go or would it barely replace the power drained by the clock?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
i use them, have two of them stuck to the garage window and connect them to spare batt's deffo seems to keep them topped up, whether it will charge a batt low on power i doubt very much!!!

also some come with connectors that you can connect into the cigarette lighter to keep a charge going to the car but with the batt connected I would imagine it would be useless...

unplug the batt terminal and fire it on, run it inside the car and leave the panel sitting on the dash!!!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Well I went ahead & bought a 2w one. In the dimness of this evenings twilight it was pumping out a mighty 1.5w & 11.5v of juice :p. Hardly whopping but proof of the pudding will be a dead or alive Jeep next weekend.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Either clips direct to battery or plugs into the ciggie lighter. Yeah I'll let you know if it actually works or not :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.