squealing amp? not good i assume

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
just back from a spin in the car and :worried: my fusion amp has done something to itself. it's been wired up and running perfectly for two months, but tonight i noticed it 'missed' a couple of beats during a song then suddenly i heard a high-pitched squeal so immediately i switched off the H/U. I don't wanna do anything until i know what is wrong, but i couldn't smell any burning and the cones aren't solid or anything. thing is, the whole thing was working fine and nothing has been adjusted. the gain wasn't up full or anything, just been left alone. the lights in the car went down so it seems like it sucked up a lot of current - any ideas as to what could be wrong?!?!

any help appreciated cos i'm pretty ****ed off saying i just spent my last pennies on another amp and bass driver... typical :cry: :cry: :cry:

pioneer sound clio

i had the same prob wen t put the amp in 2 begin wit cos im a novice 2 this but wat is happenin is ur wiers have worked theselves back 2gether beside eachother and the powerlead is interfering wit the audio leads.
or alternatively if ur speakers r coaxel's them u may hav low crossover goin 2 the coxials and this makes the tweeters scream turn it 2 bypass and it shud do it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.