Subaru Impreza Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Well seeing as everybody seems to be posting up there classic Subarus. I thought I would show yous mine that I imported a few weeks back.
Super clean Subaru STI Type R V limited
78000kms
This car is super clean and been loved by its previous owner. Brake calipers suspension, underfloor are like new. Though still needs a few things tidied to make it perfect
Few but tasteful mods
Air filter
Full HKS HI Power Exhaust
Tubular steel Exhaust manifold
Apexi power Fc with commander
It's also apparently had an engine rebuild with rods, pistons, bearings, steel head gasket etc
Apex lowering springs

My plans is to turn this into a Rally car :-o

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
OP
Neil Kirkpatrick
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Find a lesser example for a rally car please. Looks like it's to good to molest lol

I tried but everything I have looked at was either rusted to bits or had previous accident damage.
I have grown very found of it as a road car I must say

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Dont turn it into a rally car. Its too nice. You will have the scooby fans turning up at your door in the middle of the night burning plaques with your face on them!

Im just warning you! lol

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
OP
Neil Kirkpatrick
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Dont turn it into a rally car. Its too nice. You will have the scooby fans turning up at your door in the middle of the night burning plaques with your face on them!

Im just warning you! lol

The scooby owners are a weird bunch aren't they lol

The problem with a rally car. It ain't a cheap conversion so no point doing it on something that is rotten. Rally cars hold there valve well. You are pushing the car to its limits so it needs to be a good car to start of with.

Though I didn't expect to find one so clean, and am tempted to keep it for the road. Though then I am back to square one again lol. Will drive it for a month or two and see

Andy55

RMS Regular
Looks fantastic! Would be a shame to rally such a clean example.

Has turned into ReallyMeanScoobs lately

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Looks lovely, would look even better rally prepped and hammering over a yump :imp:.....

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Gawd that is lovely. Personally, I'd get a rough one as you can do all the required shell strengthening at the same time as any repairs. It's gonna have to be stripped to do it right in any case.
Will this sit in Group A or WRC? I thought the 2 door shells weren't homologated for group A..
22B arches then..? :p

Edit: Your car, your call though. All rally cars are cool. (y)

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.