Super clean 1981 honda express deluxe nc50 moped, 1357 miles!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Super clean 1981 Honda Express Deluxe for sale!

Only 1357 Miles!

V5 present in my name, on original FJI 4820 plate.

Have done a load of work to get it ready for mot and use on the road, its all ready to go -

New rear tyre and tube
Rear wheel professionally trued
New correct 6 volt battery
All lights working
Exhaust just redone in high temp paint
Fully serviced with new plug, air filter, fuel line and filter and a carb strip and clean.

Bike runs great, transmission is smooth and quiet and brakes are good!

I know i wont find another as good and was going to put it on the road myself, but have picked up a few more projects and something has to go, you know how it is.

Perfect for someone wanting to get into older mopeds, a great collectors item,

Ready to Rip!

£550 ovno

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is it a 50 or a 70? Reg appears to be coming up as a C/CF70.

Last edited:

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
It is the original 49cc cylinder on it. It is a nc50 express which was only ever made in 49cc.

There must have been a mistake at some point when tax book was being transferred as it says on the book it is a 72cc. I was gonna fill in the part of the book for correcting mistakes and send it off but then the new book wouldnt be back in time for selling it.

The cf70 by the way is the chaly which is kind of a monkey bike and nothing like an express. Like most tax books I get for old mopeds, the model is not listed just the make and body type moped. Someone at the dva once must have assumed it was a chaly and changes it.

The frame number on the tax book is correct

Last edited:

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Buy it then youll be blastin all summer it rides perfectly

Daisy

RMS Regular
Id love one myself. Had the same problem with a motor in relation to the tax book. You need to get a letter from the likes of Allens Honda stating that the bike is and always has been a 49cc for them to change it. I had to do the same with Edwin May and then bring the lot to Armagh.

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Tbh I dont really mind that theres a mistake on the cc on the book. Wouldnt stop you using it.

I thought the most they would do would be ask for it to go to mot centre to be inspected but sure the cylinder has the cc on it so wouldnt take long.

people change engines and bore engines out all the time and get the book changed so cant be that hard. And shouldnt matter if it's always been that cc or not just what it is now matters.

why not buy it you wont find a better moped than this one.

Ollie

RMS Regular
I have one of these myself. Brilliant wee bikes, crank it 3 times and pull the brake to start. Yours looks immaculate!

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Your one is earliest model. They went to kick start like mine after that

Ollie

RMS Regular
Your one is earliest model. They went to kick start like mine after that

Aye it has the straight top tube and no plastics. Didnt know the newer ones were kick start. Also have a 1974 PC50 with a full years mot on it lol

944571_685569041456514_1130622404_n.jpg

gt_86

RMS Regular
^^ lol look at the shape of yon

masking tape the lot on holding the seat together :p

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Thats rad too its a 4t isnt it where did u get them

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
I still have it atm

was sold last week but guy was a massive timewaster and just put me off selling so I had kinda decided to just keep it but if u wanna come see it we can arrange something

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.