Supercar Sunday at Hillsborough Oyster Festival - Sunday 6th September 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
i should hav evideos up later as id the gopros on tonys Atom
11949158_10154299543084968_185750482091444665_n.jpg

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Took a spin down with @Reno_LV Was a good day out, and some top super cars around! Personally I preferred the more relaxed approach of previous years, and nice mix of kit cars etc, but can't complain about the standard! Seems to be going alot more commercial now and all Charles Hurst, A mix of other stands/displays would be good, but it raised alot of cash for charity which is the main thing! Enjoyable day out!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Im back with a serious grin on my face anyhow. I really really enjoyed the day. Was star struck when Pamela Ballentine an Eugene Donnolly were looking a run in the atom. Eugene couldn't believ the go in te car an I took him on up the A1 for an extra run and over the Hillsborough flyover. Pamela was nursing a hangover an was looking the cure she said lol.

I defo agree that this would be better run at kirkistown, im sure if they contacted Richard the owner he would sort something out for them as hes very accommodating.

Couldn't believe some young guy paid £110 to get in my car an then come out again for a second run..

Heres Eugene and my new girlfriend :grinning:

eugene.jpg

pamela.jpg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Im back with a serious grin on my face anyhow. I really really enjoyed the day. Was star struck when Pamela Ballentine an Eugene Donnolly were looking a run in the atom. Eugene couldn't believ the go in te car an I took him on up the A1 for an extra run and over the Hillsborough flyover. Pamela was nursing a hangover an was looking the cure she said lol.

I defo agree that this would be better run at kirkistown, im sure if they contacted Richard the owner he would sort something out for them as hes very accommodating.

Couldn't believe some young guy paid £110 to get in my car an then come out again for a second run..

Heres Eugene and my new girlfriend :grinning:

View attachment 94533

View attachment 94534

I followed you up the a1 on the extra long run. That can certainly shift. Was chatting to you very briefly with my 2 sons. The atom is class.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Excellent! It looked great craic!

Is that a sneaky wee GoPro for peoples reactions? :laughing:

Yes mate this is my own :grinning:

It will be a while before I get any videos up but. Memory seems to be full on my computer, Stephen was telling me about the go pro app so il have a go at it tomorrow maybe.

Still have a huge grin on my face now that Pamela has tweeted about me :grinning: Brilliant

johnboy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk 6 Golf Gti
went up this afternoon some lovely motors
bought my ticket for a run and then 2 hrs later I was getting in a car
not the fault of the drivers or organisers just the volume of traffic in the area
while it is great that its held on open roads I really think that at some stage there will be a bad accident
a group of lads sitting on the grass on the central reservation and another lying flat to take pictures :scream:
I think it is too successful to be working out of the park and ride place anymore. we were forced to park at b and q and then walk on the dual carriageway as cars approached as the verge was full of others parked (and why not I'd have parked there too if there was room) point is it wasn't safe for anyone never mind families with small children

anyway back to the run got in the supra :heart: feck that car had some go and the noise was fantastic decent lad driving it too. watched from the A1 for a while and he (and the rest) never got a clear run as the traffic volume fairly increased

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Always enjoy driving at this event and it's all about giving people a run out in cars they don't normally get to experience. Most of the people I took out had never been in anything like an Exige, or in anything quick before so it's great to let them have a run, especially as it's all for charity.

I think the event will run until there is some sort of serious accident and then it will be banned! The only proper safe way to do it would be at the maze using the Tarmac stage there. It wouldn't work as part of the oyster festival if it was at Kirkistown. Kirkistown would be a good place though for a similar event.

martinopy

RMS Regular
Drives
Granturismo
Huge huge thank you to Tony, I think I was possibly the first run out in the atom and boy that thing can shift, the slight detour just added to the trip lol

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Pics from today can be found here guys:
Hillsborough International Oyster Festival Supercar Sunday | Facebook

Great day out and fair play to all that took the folks out for a run!
Wife wanted a run in @evo98 Atom but the queues to that were unreal!

Some pics from the link above:

157 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

024 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

149 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

039 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

063 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

020 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

111 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

128 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

078 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

135 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

050 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

049 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

023 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

016 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

092 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

075 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

018 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

184 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

141 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

137 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Huge huge thank you to Tony, I think I was possibly the first run out in the atom and boy that thing can shift, the slight detour just added to the trip lol

That was so funny mate. Us away up the M1 the wrong way lol.. Thanks it was a pleasure :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Hahahahaahaha you really would forget about them cameras being there. I watched few of mine an the faces some of them young lads pull is hilarious

@Reno_LV some great pictures there. Thank you

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Pics from today can be found here guys:
Hillsborough International Oyster Festival Supercar Sunday | Facebook

Great day out and fair play to all that took the folks out for a run!
Wife wanted a run in @evo98 Atom but the queues to that were unreal!

Some pics from the link above:

157 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

024 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

149 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

039 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

063 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

020 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

111 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

128 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

078 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

135 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

050 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

049 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

023 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

016 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

092 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

075 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

018 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

184 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

141 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

137 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

Can't see the rest as I'm not on bakebook Raging.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Not as good as last year, Mrs got a run in an i8 and I was in a black 458 but the traffic ruined the runs. Pity I couldn't go in the atom at the time but may have worked a deal with Tony for a run another time :grinning:

Marshall needs to be keeping people from parking on that hard shoulder however, really dangerous with crowds just walking down lane 1 of the carriageway!

Personally I'd go for those disabled/with prams can priority park at the car park and others at b&q, but with the rumour of parking tickets that's that ruined. I'm sure some may have nipped in for a few bits while they were there however they won't totally loose out.

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
Took a run down to this, had arrived just after midday and got a decent space near the event.

Couldn't believe the volume of traffic when we walked down to the roundabout, folk trying to get in and when we left we took a spin along the route. Completely understand everyone's comments about the Sunday drivers, have to keep your whits about you when this sort of machinery coming off the roundabouts.

I was passed by that white C63 with the Akra, it sounded like pure sex.

Good couple of hours out with the family.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.