The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
A long time spent looking.. I finally took the plunge into the Porsche world with a Cayman 981 GTS..

Had originally set out for a 718 GTS, but the 2.5 didn't do it for me and the 4.0 was in another price league..

I had been on the hunt for nearly 6 months and this car was advertised at OPC in London in Feb.
2016 one of the last cars, full OPC service history, warranty until 2026 and also recently fitted with full body PPF.
Major service completed in Feb and 4 new tyres to go along with it..

Drive home was eventful but what an epic car!

View attachment 431098

View attachment 431097
Wonderful.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
A long time spent looking.. I finally took the plunge into the Porsche world with a Cayman 981 GTS..

Had originally set out for a 718 GTS, but the 2.5 didn't do it for me and the 4.0 was in another price league..

I had been on the hunt for nearly 6 months and this car was advertised at OPC in London in Feb.
2016 one of the last cars, full OPC service history, warranty until 2026 and also recently fitted with full body PPF.

View attachment 431098

View attachment 431097

Very nice!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

View attachment 431098

View attachment 431097

That looks đź‘Ś congrats.

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
That looks đź‘Ś congrats.

Thanks Chris, appreciate the info on PM also.

@Robin_Hood Congrats JP, looks like a Minter!

Lovely Driving things :cool:

Cheers Iain, thanks for the info on the bits to look out for. Managed to get the rear silencers changed before delivery as the valve was sticking, had seen a few private cars but this one ticked all the boxes and OPC supplied made it a no brainer. :cool:

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
IMG_2102.png

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
On the expensive side yeah but a lovely looking thing. I think a Carrera T is where I will put my money, if I get around to getting on the Porsche ladder.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
On the expensive side yeah but a lovely looking thing. I think a Carrera T is where I will put my money, if I get around to getting on the Porsche ladder.

Nice options on them, I have a Boxster T. The T models are quite rare.

The 991.2 models seem to be the sweet spot, just something a bit null about the 992. It’s just gotten to big, way more of a grand tourer than it’s ever been.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Great car but for what ever reason I just do not like the "T" branding

Carrera S no problem, T, no

200.gif

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Nice in yellow, but again they are similar money to one from an OPC.

Doesn’t make any sense to buy from a non OPC at that price.

I do remember seeing a yellow one a few times at Porsche Belfast, I wonder if it’s the same one.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Great car but for what ever reason I just do not like the "T" branding

Carrera S no problem, T, no

200.gif

The S in the range makes no sense to me, to find an S with the options a T comes with you are close to GTS money.

There are also interior options on a T and GTS that are unique to that model which I prefer, personally I don’t like full leather in a sports car, it doesn’t suit the ethos of the car.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Im being more historic as the "S" modelling has come up through the years from the Boxster to Cayman to 911 and branched off to the SUV's

T, to me, just doesn't have the same affect

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Im being more historic as the "S" modelling has come up through the years from the Boxster to Cayman to 911 and branched off to the SUV's

T, to me, just doesn't have the same affect

The T model has huge historical significance to Porsche.