the daily e46 320d

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
this is the boring daily derv im floating about in atm

theyock.jpg

004-16.jpg

002-17.jpg

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
OP
geraldo-46
Drives
Gsxr1000
any 1 thats worked on a bm will know the engine is buried half under the dash and under 1000000's of covers.. pain in the hole

009-8.jpg

now with all that ***** off you have decent access to the engine etc

006-11.jpg

1st thing is to replace the engine breather.. these yokes get blocked and **** your turbo

011-4.jpg

new unit

010-7.jpg

new unit fitted

012-7.jpg

next job on the list was to remove the 'swirl flaps'. these wee yokes live in the inlet manifold. they have a habbit of coming loose and falling into the cylinders. ****ing your engine.. **** that. so inlet manifold off

013-5.jpg

they where actually in good condition but better safe that sorry.

replaced them with blanks

014-6.jpg

015-4.jpg

while i had the manifold off i noticed my egr valve looked like a hunger strikers wall

016-4.jpg

so 2 tins of carb cleaner later i was left with this

018-2.jpg

good jab :thumb:

now for the ******* job. cat front pipe is broken so replaced it with s/s de-cat pipe

019-2.jpg

let me tell you the nuts where as tight as a Chinese gymnasts snatch. and with no access to the them it made it a proper **** of a job

got it sorted in the end tho

020-1.jpg

with that out of the way i carried on with the service stuff , new filters etc

021-2.jpg

built everything back up

022-3.jpg

fired it up, carried out a health check and reset the ecu adaptive settings

023-2.jpg

job ****** done

home for a wash cause im a black as wesly snipes ballbag

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Fair play Jacko!

I've to do the swirl flaps a.s.a.p aswell, and do an EGR valve clean

Need to do my front flexi too in the future

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Good work on sorting those bits out, should make it a bit more dependable now.

A nice E46 is hard to beat.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
OP
geraldo-46
Drives
Gsxr1000
geraldo-46 I would love a 320d touring but everything youve just replaced would need to be done too. Much work in it?

Aye well there was about 5hrs or so including the service. The awkward part was the cat/front pipe. I put a few tyres on it and replaced the coolant and brake fluid aswell

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
nice wagon jack, wouldnt bother with m3 wheels or kit though:/
just lower it as it sits, would be lovely

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
i am currently thinking of one of these. was looking at 330's etc but the insurance difference was 300 odd quid so getting the pennies saved! looks tidy! health to drive and all that!

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
OP
geraldo-46
Drives
Gsxr1000
i am currently thinking of one of these. was looking at 330's etc but the insurance difference was 300 odd quid so getting the pennies saved! looks tidy! health to drive and all that!

cheers lol

be careful there alot of scrap 320/330's out there id looked at about 6/7 maybe 8 before i had to pay £800 over my budget for 1 that was decent

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
yea well i am not ready to buy just yyet be a few months, but i think il be going for one that hasnt been touched although would prefere the sport model, prefere the interior and the bumpers etc but that one of yours looks dead tidy! were did you get the swirl flap deletes are they easily got hold of? i know about the engine breather and be my first thing purchased for one i work in parts and sold a couple try telling people to buy them but most dont listen lol i knew about the swirl flaps giving bother but never realised you could remove and get the deletes for them

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Nice wan.. they are a pig with all the covers, no such thing as a ten minute job lol. I always struggled to get the air box back together as well.

pablo

RMS Moderator
nice car mate and the wheels look great but Im not sure how youre going to get the m3 bumper to look near it, unless you carve it up.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
OP
geraldo-46
Drives
Gsxr1000
nice car mate and the wheels look great but Im not sure how youre going to get the m3 bumper to look near it, unless you carve it up.

you can buy m3 'style' bumpers for the saloon. ive 1 waiting on paint

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.