The (sort of...) Jap scrap (sort of...) sensible turnip garage

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A last run out before getting tucked away for winter. And what a day it was 😁 :cool:

P1180192.JPG

P1180201.JPG

P1180208.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Done 3k in wee Red round England, and to Sweden and back to finally visit friends and family. Settling in very well :cool:

I know the styling isn't for everyone, lol, but what a fantastic car! Away from broken city moonscapes the suspension is spot on. She annihilates back roads and country lanes, demolishes motorways and A-roads, comfy seats, decent stereo, good aircon, loads of space in boot and back seats. And the fuel economy is spectacular, at least by my standards, lol, 37-39mpg on average so far. Could almost do Cambridge to Sweden on just one stop! And not doing 50mph with the lorries either, cough. In fact, so good I've forgotten to check a few times and nearly got caught short.

Only slight downside - tyre noise on rough surfaces, and getting in/out of the deep seats can be a bit of a chore, cough. Keeps you fit though :innocent:

The Eagle F1 tyres on a the moment are hilariously bad, wheel spin everywhere. Better tyres coming soon, PS4S I think. Doing my best to kill off the Eagles!

Wouldn't mind a nicer exhaust note, but the standard is so nice and muted on the motorways and don't want to loose that. Not sure. There is a valved option, but it's not cheap. As in at all. Too much for a punt... We'll see...

First actual mod - bolster protectors for the seats. The dealership put on brand new seat covers as part of the deal, so I stuck these on for protection. Chap in Europe makes them. Perfect fit and you wouldn't know they are there.

P1180565.JPG

At Goodwood house for breakfast before the Member's Meet, it's a hard life :innocent:
P1180562.JPG

Showing off in Dorset:
P1180312.JPG

Proper autumn in Sweden:
P1180612.JPG

P1180626.JPG

P1180653.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In other news, located our plaque at Goodwood. It's at Madgwick corner, on the railing just beside the grandstand. They wouldn't let me put "Princess" on it, had to be a "proper name" apparently, so "Elise Wood" it is 😅

P1180534.JPG

Stopped by the Volvo museum in Goteborg while in Sweden. First time there, it's very nice. Tucked away in the middle of nowhere across the river, in amongst the Volvo factory wilderness. It's literally Volvo City out there, huge sprawl. Apparently they plan to move it into city centre.

Most of the cars are low serial numbers mothballed straight off the line, some real gems in there. And a few oddities too :innocent:

P1180657.JPG

P1180665.JPG

P1180675.JPG

P1180681.JPG

P1180685.JPG

P1180700.JPG

P1180713.JPG

P1180731.JPG

P1180745.JPG

P1180752.JPG

P1180741.JPG

P1180763.JPG

P1180779.JPG

P1180806.JPG

P1180784.JPG

P1180815.JPG

P1180822.JPG

P1180829.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just a wee mid-winter update on this stormy Saturday morning.

Wee Red is not just brilliant fun, but also immensely practical. Been doing some serious load lugging, it's like a Tardis in there!

P1180989.JPG

P1180994.JPG

P1180997.JPG

And a fresh new battery that I installed all on my own without anything blowing up or catching fire, lol. The old one died completely at the first hint of colder weather and was beyond reconditioning. Nice Finish winter spec one going in instead. She's off to Jonny next week for some fresh good engine oil, transmission/diff oil, and rear brake pads and discs.

P1190001.JPG

As mentioned earlier I found a spare set of wheels for Emma in Sweden. They were a bit rough, twenty five years old after all. But ultra rare, beggars can't be choosers and all that. Came up nicely after a refurb by Powdertech though and will do nicely for all this car will do. Once the Japanese wheels come off I'll get those refurbished too and see what they are like.

Used a slightly darker grey than the original Volvo colour on these, think it will tie in better with the black.

SwedishTitan3.jpeg

Used the same colour for the trim on the car, only matte instead of gloss. Which brings us to this, save the best for last. That's her straight from Nufinish. Looking great if I may say so myself :cool: It's taken a while, mostly for having to chase down random and hard to find clips and seals and other bits and bobs. But we got there in the end. I'm sure Ryan has aged a couple of years though :innocent: 🙃

Just a couple of bits of trim to go on there, and he still has the original Japanese wheels and tyres in these pictures.

She is away to Rick's Garage next week for a bit of tinkering. Then it's down to @big_pete for ceramic coating, getting the new wheels on, and a wee bit of tint. I removed the tints that were on when she arrived, just too dark and were getting past their best too. But I now think all that glass needs a little bit of tint just to tie in with the black better. Nothing drastic though!

All in time for winter storage 😂

Paintshop1.jpeg

Paintshop3.jpeg

Paintshop4.jpeg

Paintshop6.jpeg

Paintshop9.jpeg

Paintshop12.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Just a wee mid-winter update on this stormy Saturday morning.

Wee Red is not just brilliant fun, but also immensely practical. Been doing some serious load lugging, it's like a Tardis in there!

View attachment 343273

View attachment 343274

View attachment 343275

And a fresh new battery that I installed all on my own without anything blowing up or catching fire, lol. The old one died completely at the first hint of colder weather and was beyond reconditioning. Nice Finish winter spec one going in instead. She's off to Jonny next week for some fresh good engine oil, transmission/diff oil, and rear brake pads and discs.

View attachment 343276

As mentioned earlier I found a spare set of wheels for Emma in Sweden. They were a bit rough, twenty five years old after all. But ultra rare, beggars can't be choosers and all that. Came up nicely after a refurb by Powdertech though and will do nicely for all this car will do. Once the Japanese wheels come off I'll get those refurbished too and see what they are like.

Used a slightly darker grey than the original Volvo colour on these, think it will tie in better with the black.

View attachment 343277

Used the same colour for the trim on the car, only matte instead of gloss. Which brings us to this, save the best for last. That's her straight from Nufinish. Looking great if I may say so myself :cool: It's taken a while, mostly for having to chase down random and hard to find clips and seals and other bits and bobs. But we got there in the end. I'm sure Ryan has aged a couple of years though :innocent: 🙃

Just a couple of bits of trim to go on there, and he still has the original Japanese wheels and tyres in these pictures.

She is away to Rick's Garage next week for a bit of tinkering. Then it's down to @big_pete for ceramic coating, getting the new wheels on, and a wee bit of tint. I removed the tints that were on when she arrived, just too dark and were getting past their best too. But I now think all that glass needs a little bit of tint just to tie in with the black better. Nothing drastic though!

All in time for winter storage 😂

View attachment 343286

View attachment 343287

View attachment 343288

View attachment 343289

View attachment 343290

View attachment 343291
*fap, fap, fap 🍆💦

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Quite the collection. (y) :cool:

I didn't realise you also had an Evo.
Lockdown madness, lol. Got very lucky, the right opportunity came along. Completely standard RS, as she left the factory. Don't think I've ever seen a standard EVO air box or exhaust, lol 😅 Actually really nice just like this, without crazy power and dust bin exhaust and dash full of tacked on gauges and all that :cool:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Lockdown madness, lol. Got very lucky, the right opportunity came along. Completely standard RS, as she left the factory. Don't think I've ever seen a standard EVO air box or exhaust, lol 😅 Actually really nice just like this, without crazy power and dust bin exhaust and dash full of tacked on gauges and all that :cool:
I love upgrading my machines, but if I were you I would also be leaven this one alone given your other cars and the values of these now.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Ah sorry I read that as NuLuk when it was posted beside your wheel refurb oops - he did work for me before with carbon dipping years ago!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, he does all that too. Also full paint/body shop at the back.

The wheels were done at Powdertech in Duncrue.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wee Red must have been really good, Santa even made an extra run today 😁

Honestly, was only looking for cheap winter wheels... And then these popped up... In the perfect Honda spec (it's a somewhat unusual spec of wheels and tyres on this car...)... Sat on the top shelf (literally!) at the distributor... And they wanted rid...

Who needs winter wheels and tyres anyway, these are worth crashing for 😂 🙈 They're lighter than air, slightly wider than OEM, and look a bit nice too. Should suit her perfectly.

P1190098.JPG

Perfect fit as well, genuinely the most practical car known to man :cool: She does need a bath, lol, but she doesn't mind. Dirty girls are more interesting anyway :innocent:

P1190105.JPG

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Nice Buy, who doesn't love Rays wheels.

So you are not going to use your stock wheels as winter wheels and use these as your good wheels?