The Supercars In Northern Ireland!

M555MPW

RMS Member
Drives
RS Trophy, 3
I was in Charles Hurst Ferrari last week and could hardly tell what what model is what. I recognise the Roma as it's the ugly one and the 812 as it's the big one. SF90 and 296 are trickier, but on closer inspection, you can tell quickly tell them apart as the 296 is half decent looking (but would be nicer with round tail lights), and the SF90 is ugly, but less ugly than a Roma, and sometimes has a silly two-tone front.
I can only agree with all of the above

Ferrari aren't the only ones but due to who they are it is especially disappointing how styling has gone in the industry lately

To have things like the F355 in the past to the hideous stuff they are throwing our today is a shame. In my more achievable world BMW are on my hitlist. Used to love them but pretty much everything they touch now is not pretty

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
His front windows are totally black, it's a wonder he hasn't had a pull already about them.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Had 3 of them and the R400 was the best, big regret selling it even now

guess thats why i am onto.............. my 6th variant of seven esque kit cars...... guess i'll have to level up and buy a 7th seven at some stage ;)

there defo is something raw and rewarding about a front engine, rear drive n/a engine, with zero driving aids and enough power to light the back axle on demand.

exige was defo a great more sensible experience... but an actual seven, driven on the limit is just driving nirvana really.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Screenshot_20240410_215452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Mum just sent me that. Can’t read the full thing though!

The Motor Ombudsman has dismissed most of a complaint about a car sold by Charles Hurst Ferrari, but upheld a section involving the business providing an incorrect mileage figure.
The ombudsman’s findings, which have been seen by the newspaper, were recently issued to complainant Najeeb Hussain.

He told the watchdog that after he purchased the Ferrari in 2017, he spotted a mileage discrepancy on the sales invoice, leading him to believe the vehicle had been clocked.

He also said the car broke down on the day he collected it, and when he took it to a Ferrari dealership, he was told it needed work on the actuator pump, both manifolds, the differential, the handbrake and the tyres.

Mr Hussain told the watchdog he wanted the business to pay him £78,000 in compensation.

The Ferrari bought by Najeeb Hussain
Charles Hurst Ferrari accepted there was a typing error on the sales invoice, which should have said 29,800 miles instead of 29,500 miles.

It said this was explained to Mr Hussain and that the error was rectified after it was brought to its attention.

The business also noted Mr Hussain referred to a vehicle check obtained online that was not from a government-approved website and contained incorrect information.

Charles Hurst also disputed that the mileage had been tampered with.

It provided all servicing documents and a printout from the Ferrari database that showed the figure was correct and had not been altered.

Charles Hurst also said the vehicle’s MOT history was a more accurate source of information regarding the mileage.

The Motor Ombudsman’s adjudicator did not uphold the complaint, issuing her decision on October 7, 2021.

In relation to the car’s MOT history, the adjudicator accepted there were discrepancies in 2015 and 2017, but she noted that since these figures had been uploaded by the MOT provider, the errors were beyond the control of Charles Hurst Ferrari.

The ombudsman’s office said: “Having considered the evidence, our adjudicator noted that the business accepted there had been discrepancies [on the invoice] initially and, on this basis, she accepted that the business had provided misleading information to Mr Hussain.
“Despite this, our adjudicator also noted that Mr Hussain was subsequently provided with amended invoices containing the correct mileages, so the business had already taken the appropriate corrective action to resolve this aspect of the complaint.

“Therefore, our adjudicator stated that the business needed only to provide a letter of apology for this misleading information.”
The adjudicator also said the evidence did not support the suggestion the vehicle suffered from a fault or that any faults could be dated back to the point of the car’s sale.

The complaint was subsequently escalated and then reviewed by Motor Ombudsman Greg Byron.
Mr Byron did not uphold the parts of the complaint about alleged faults and tampering with the odometer, but did uphold the section about Charles Hurst providing an incorrect mileage figure on the sales invoice.
He said: “Additionally, I would note that there is a discrepancy in the vehicle MOT mileage history for the vehicle, and the business previously offered to contact the MOT centre which completed the MOT in 2017 to have this corrected.

“Having considered this, I believe this is the most logical and reasonable approach to take in the circumstances to ensure that Mr Hussain’s vehicle has the correct figures attached to its history.

“On this basis, I uphold the complaint, and in order to put things right, I believe the business should honour its offer of July 9, 2020, to contact the MOT centre in Birkenhead and make best efforts to have this updated to the correct figure.
“This is the Motor Ombudsman’s final decision on Mr Hussain’s complaint, and it represents the last stage of our process. This complaint will not be reviewed further.

“Mr Hussain can either accept this decision, at which point it becomes binding on both parties, or reject it and pursue the matter legally.”
Charles Hurst said it had nothing to add to the ombudsman’s decision.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
I'd love to know the reg to see what the MOT mileage discrepancy was.

It could have been an NI car and the MOT mileages have only recently appeared online.

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 911
Poor pictures, however, is this a real sv? Sitting very high, hopefully has front lift!

IMG_4964.jpeg
IMG_4963.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4963.jpeg
    IMG_4963.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4964.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 0

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
The lift system shouldn't be left up. Perhaps they forgot to lower it after driving over the various ramps there, or maybe it's stuck up and in for fixing?