The Tyre Review thread

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
There is a BMW tuner in England, Birds I think, that recommends the Goodyear for an all year round high performance tyre in the UK. They say that is down to improved wet and cold performance over the Michelin. But who really is on the limit of their tyre in the cold and wet??

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Good feedback. Should be good for another few mile but just planning ahead.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I will need tyres shortly. Not a huge amount in it at the moment between these 3 with the discount black circle have on.

Continental Sport Contact 7 - £143 each
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 - £142 each
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S - £163 each
Impressed with Goodyear asymmetric 6. Had the 5’s before and think these are definitely improved more. Haven’t run them long before putting winter wheels on to get good go with them but impressed on damp greasy winter roads

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Has anyone else had any issues with PS4 and punctures? Mine have been on the car 2 years, done about 8k in that time and I just got another punctured by a small screw. Think that's all 4 with a repair now so think I'll be looking at something else for replacement, though I love the performance of them. Could be bad luck, but I had only a single puncture in over 16 years of driving before fitting them! Asked tyre fitters, some say they haven't noticed them to be worse than other tyres and some say the soft compound makes them more prone to puncture? 🤔

GrantR

RMS Regular
Has anyone else had any issues with PS4 and punctures? Mine have been on the car 2 years, done about 8k in that time and I just got another punctured by a small screw. Think that's all 4 with a repair now so think I'll be looking at something else for replacement, though I love the performance of them. Could be bad luck, but I had only a single puncture in over 16 years of driving before fitting them! Asked tyre fitters, some say they haven't noticed them to be worse than other tyres and some say the soft compound makes them more prone to puncture? 🤔

Ran PS4 for about 20k without issue, sounds like bad luck 😓

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
It’s just bad luck. Think there more shït dropped on roads now too. Nothing that’s going to pick a screw/nail up more than another similar tyre.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Ran PS4 for about 20k without issue, sounds like bad luck 😓

It’s just bad luck. Think there more shït dropped on roads now too. Nothing that’s going to pick a screw/nail up more than another similar tyre.

Cheers. Think I'll just stick with them in that case. Pain in the hole, thankfully it has always been in middle of the tread and repairable but I don't like the thought of them all having a repair now, though fixed properly at reputable places. Two were within a couple of months of fitting them, so thinking about it its probably been over a year since the last.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I'm in the same boat with eagle f1s. Never had a single puncture in 6.5 years on the Mazda. Had 3 in a year and a half on the focus

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was just coming on here to post the same thing.
Got a set of PS4's on my Ford Ranger, and have been tortured with punctures since they were fitted. Continentals fitted beforehand gave no such bother. They also seem to be wearing a lot quicker too.

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Positive note on Michelin PS5's.

About 17k miles into a set, and they're still 4mm on front, and 6mm on back. Phenomenal wear for mixed driving. I'd guess 60-70% mileage is motorways & A roads, the rest back roads and town.

Last edited: