The "WTF is wrong with my E46 now?" thread.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Mine received a little upgrade (y)

047AAA37-D786-43E0-A4B0-D9A66B8F214C.jpeg
715796EE-E3B5-4AA3-A02B-D7E72EB7F287.jpeg
6EA7B116-5ED6-4F6E-AF99-B7B47300D4E9.jpeg

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Should be easy fixed, I have fitted a pump into mine, shouldn’t take more than 15 mins to do, if it’s the rubber ring gasket your talking about
That's the one.
That's good to hear, the emotional damage incurred from me seeing so much petrol pouring out may not be as easy a fix though

Boksic

RMS Regular
330d decided to start running off a cylinder, checked on computer and injector 4 seems to be overfuelling/stuck open, threw some injector cleaner in and gave it death, no different, put another one in tonight and ordered and injector. Hopefully it clears itself before I get a chance to get wrestling with injectors that have been in place for 240 thousand miles/17 years... ****

JH86

RMS Regular
330d decided to start running off a cylinder, checked on computer and injector 4 seems to be overfuelling/stuck open, threw some injector cleaner in and gave it death, no different, put another one in tonight and ordered and injector. Hopefully it clears itself before I get a chance to get wrestling with injectors that have been in place for 240 thousand miles/17 years... ****
Hopefully it just lifts out lol

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
New fuel pump gasket from Bavarian and fitted, I found the old gasket sitting around the pump basket, not even seated. It explains why the fuel level was so slow to react, the gasket was wrapped on the arm and basket :expressionless:

Found a small LPG leak and sorted that with a new ear clip.

So fingers crossed my fuel leaks are all sorted now

Marc

RMS Moderator
I have a kazz diff in my 180sx and its mighty a wee but lockie on tight turns and i got a but of chirp chirp from the inside wheel when parking but when given the death it performed perfectly.
It’s one noisey ****er if I’m honest, but much fun to be had!

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Sounds like a top mount mate
Cheers mate. Thought it could have been something power steering related, i've no clue lol.

It's started knocking like a hallion from the front when going over bumps or rough roads, hopefully that's causing both.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Cheers mate. Thought it could have been something power steering related, i've no clue lol.

It's started knocking like a hallion from the front when going over bumps or rough roads, hopefully that's causing both.

With the age of these things it’s worth throwing in the strut tower reinforcement plates while you replace a top mount

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
Anyone changed the gear selector shaft seal on top of the box? I’ve had a small leak for a bit and thought it was the output shaft seal but on further inspection it’s the selector shaft seal which seems common enough. Just wondered if any of you had done it where to get it from. Will probably be a trip to the country garage..

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Okay folks need to pick your brains,

I've been offered a facelift 320d at reasonable money, it's running off a cylinder, I've had a quick scan through this thread and have learnt to check the vacuum pipes and the egr valve, is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Is there anyone local to Moira who could scan it and rule out an injector fault?
Thanks in advance

Cossie_1986

RMS Member
Drives
330d - Alfa
Dunno about who could scan it, but hopefully it hasn't ingested a swirl flap as that is a death sentence

brendy7

RMS Regular
Anyone changed the gear selector shaft seal on top of the box? I’ve had a small leak for a bit and thought it was the output shaft seal but on further inspection it’s the selector shaft seal which seems common enough. Just wondered if any of you had done it where to get it from. Will probably be a trip to the country garage..

Iam about to do one now will let you know how it goes

RoniN

RMS Regular
Thought this might be the best place to ask?

If I got a Business CD player from a 2004 E46, will it need a radio code or coded to work in another E46 ??
There is no code with the headunit, been told it won't need a code and it will need a code. Which answer is correct?

Also what is this E46 alloy wheel ?

bmw e46 alloy.jpg

Style 135 or MV2 ?

Cheers

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Thought this might be the best place to ask?

If I got a Business CD player from a 2004 E46, will it need a radio code or coded to work in another E46 ??
There is no code with the headunit, been told it won't need a code and it will need a code. Which answer is correct?

Also what is this E46 alloy wheel ?

View attachment 188171

Style 135 or MV2 ?

Cheers

Yeah E46 mv2 (y)