TrackPirate FD RX7 build

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Ahh right, makes more sense if there's boxing to better direct the airflow through it.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
Yeah bud, im not quite at that stage yet but it will be all boxed and blocked and guided best i can get maximum cold air in that one location

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
got the nikon out, took a few photos. will take some more soon as the wing and diffuser is back on lol
DSC_0569_zpse688a0f7.jpg

DSC_0565_zpsf1e52059.jpg

DSC_0568_zps026aa636.jpg

DSC_0576_zps19b7caa1.jpg

DSC_0575_zps9c60b485.jpg

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I've a few pics of it and the Trackpirate stickers from Harmony Hill, for some reason I couldn't tag your FB page in them though! Search SJKG

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
i will go check that out now bud, not sure why it wont tag, ill have a look at the settings too

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
thanks :grinning: shes been off the road for over a year now, building her just for the track mate, might keep her road legal

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
yeah bud shes going single turbo, aiming for the gt35r it gives me near instant boost and carrys on through out the revs with little lag. but closer to the time i may go larger. the 35r will give me around 400-500hp depending on other bits etc either way its a fag packet with boost lol so she will fly

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Fantastic thread! Watching all the progress you do on it with huge interest. RX7's always been one of my favourite cars and a car I still dream of owning someday. I really hope I see this at Kirkistown or something sometime, LOVE the car. Keep us updated please :grinning:!

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
Thanks mate, one of my favs too, its such a pleaseure to work on too.

The rex will be at the car culture live show 6th july, wont be finished but good enough to bring down to it

Paddy

RMS Regular
@Tr@ckpirate .. I had literally everyone I know try and tell me they where a terrible car to try and run daily and that at some point she will go bang! Little did they know I ran her almost everyday and ill be honest in saying that I drove her hard, just keeping on top of the servicing etc I never had any problems however things started to go wrong when the previous owner didnt send a log book then I found out she was regisitered as a Mazda 323 so getting a new book was difficult then someone tried to break into it in Portrush.
Lost patience so I put it up for sale and some young kid from Portadown came with alot more cash than the car cost me so I took it and run.
Im assuming he blew it up tho as it was on ebay shortly after in England with a new engine :worried:

I will own another but if im honest id prefer the FD3 shell with a 200sx transplant .... ONE DAY!!

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
@Paddy .. yeah mate the majority of people who own cars will all say the same thing about them, but they no nothing about how to operate a rotary engine. ive known lad to have had up 90,000 miles on a unbuilt engine and still used daily all fine. alot of people treat them and drive them like piston engines which will equals a bang yes.

you know the score bud. i dont think you can beat the shell looks and sleekness wise, sr20 rex would be awsome. i love the rotary but if i was to transplant id defo want rb or jz. ill have my blocks brapping before i go fgor a transplant

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Get on to PPRE for the Kit, because you're worth it!

* Kit consists of Chromolly Eccentric shaft, woodfif keys, front and rear counterweights, rear main nut, shaft end cap, 2 x modified centre plates, 2 x stationary gear carriers (includes stationary gears), 2 x centre oil modification adapters, thru bolt set.

* NZ $13,000.00
* 50% Deposit required at time of order and up to 9 week turn-around.
* NZ customers please note that prices exclude GST

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
yeah i seen the kits, wher can i find that amount of pennys without commiting atrocities lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.