Trackskills 15th November @ Kirkistown

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Quite simple, who's going...?

After missing the last two events I can't wait to go back, and this is the last one of the year from Trackskills...

Donal will hopefully have another virgin to sacrifice to ensure good weather...

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
i should be there. fitted the track alloys and tyres today, doesnt look as good as it does with the 18'2 superleggeras, if its wet im fooked i think although ive fitted intermediates i still need to keep them upto temp. hope all goes ok.

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
I hoped to get to this one...have never done a trackday, but unfortunately i'll not be there :worried:. Need new pads/hoses and baffled sump but won't happen for a while yet. Roll on next year :laughing:

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
There is on a Sunday etc....

Not sure what it is ( 95 des-a-mythingeys I think )....

You will need to book now, to get a place for the day....

You can't arrive and drive...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
its around 120db lol, thats a no for me i think

In a road car? That is about the same as a jet taking off... Expect to be stopped by plod...

Loud cars are usually held off until after 12pm on a Sunday. Check with Donal to be on the safe side. They have had issues with noise complaints, but mostly from tyre squeal.

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
I havent been to a trackday in a few years so im looking forward to this 1.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
OP
nigelmcg
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
If there is anyone who has never done a track day before or are worried it might be damp, they are often the best days to go...

Learn better car control in the wet and it is less punishing on the tyres...

Rear wheel drive boys get to hang it out a bit without being told off ( normally drifting in the dry causes too much noise)...

As Amos said " get the finger out " and get yourself down there, it's a good days crack...

Smog

RMS Regular
High chance this wont happen for the weekend but if I pick up the new (second hand) type-r what way would I tackle going to this?

From this thread I gather it needs booked. £95. When is the latest that can be done?

And is that it?

Just turn up?

Any kit needed or advised?

Does every one bomb on the track at once, or is it limited to a few at a time? As many laps as you want?

How many cars would typicaly show up?

I have never been on a track before so I would be taking it fairly easy (in my new car!), getting corners wrong most likely blahblah. Is it wide enough for me to keep out of the way so people dont get pissed at me recking their laps etc.

If the car dies on the track OR I hit something, can any one comment on the cost of getting it home? Is any one kind enough to tow me to belfast :p

Going to be proper skint at this stage so any costs I dont know about?

Any advice welcome!

Can just imagine writing the thing off :cool: Will be a good story anyway!

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
You need a crash helmet with you, plenty of petrol, good pads/discs with good brake fluid.

Email trackskills to book a place then turn up and enjoy. You get a 15min session and will be able to fit 4 in.

tuck-shaaap

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing I'd like
buddyclub spec 2 at 5k revs = 123.1 dB( A ) at half a metre from the back of the car...been tried and tested ;)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.