Trackskills 24th August

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone here going to Kirkistown tomorrow?

Going to head down for a laugh myself :party:

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
i'm 4th on the reserve list :confounded: so fingers crossed! was checking the weather and looks like it shud stay dry :grinning:

stevyg

RMS Regular
Was booked to go but im stuck in Dublin this weekend :worried: gutted! So had to give up my space. Look forward to seeing some photos

simonmr2

RMS Regular
Drives
Type 116 Turbo
I am booked in and about to start to wash the car and set the suspension up for tomorrow. Was in 2 minds to go as had a bit of trouble with a broken window on a c-class coupe that belongs to my friend who is on holiday but just getting it sorted now on Monday.

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
was that u on the phone with me about that c class??

well thats me down to 3rd now hehe

simonmr2

RMS Regular
Drives
Type 116 Turbo
Twas indeed, the boss's car got twatted @ work and he is comming back from hols tomorrow but sure these things happen. Very happy with the service and the £££ and from a fellow VX'r.:laughing: :laughing: Hope to see you tomorrow.

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
oooooo not to sure wot i'm taking down yet, but if the vx goes down i'll have to see how she goes against this elise of urs pablooo :p

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
im heading after having to pull out of the last two, just fitted the DS2500's last night....should get them bedded in today all being well.

my first time, so someone come over say hi lol!!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
all set myself. Car running well after the fairly major engine work (nothing exciting)

Just read the thread - Jesus H, your fairly spunking the dough on the Elise!

Hopefully catch a glimpse of it as you hoke past :p

pablo

RMS Moderator
oooooo not to sure wot i'm taking down yet, but if the vx goes down i'll have to see how she goes against this elise of urs pablooo :p

Would you like your ass giftwrapped before I hand it to you?

lol j\k should be interesting tho. 1.8 vs 2.2

@ coog - you actually tracking tomorrow or spectating?

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
lol, i'd like to think i wudnt be able to sit near u, the vx is only 150bhp and ur hardly standard :p

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
The corolla team won't be out to this one again, been let down again by tyre depots supposivly getting me slick tyres.

And a heads up we won't be marshalling the hairpin this trackday.

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
The corolla team won't be out to this one again, been let down again by tyre depots supposivly getting me slick tyres.

And a heads up we won't be marshalling the hairpin this trackday.

simonmr2

RMS Regular
Drives
Type 116 Turbo
It will be very interesting to see the N/A vx compared to the S1 but I think Pablos tyres will make the biggest difference. Should be grest fun.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I agree on the tyre front, when I had 888's on the vts is was amazing the difference, no more pushing the nose, sat tight through the corners and it was funny watching the fellas in front of me running wide!

Tyres and brakes most important!

Person above with the ds 2500's make sure you run them in for a good few miles.

Last track day I did, i had ebc yellowstuff pads fitted 2days before and half way through the day they died, went right through the pads, they just crumbled to bits I assume from not being ran in for a few hundred miles.

buchos

Drives
www.manta400.com
The last day was wet, but a LOT of fun with 888s, looking forward to this one. Gotta remember to fit a new ds rear indicator bulb before I go, just in case :grinning:

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Will probably head down for some spectating providing the phone doesn't do its last minute trick.

buchos

Drives
www.manta400.com
Great day out, great crowd too(y) I had a problem with a split hose all day, thanks to the guys that helped me out with some tools.

On track I was thinking 'look at that very friendly group of people' after everyone waved at me as I came onto the back straight. Not knowing the hose had come off the oil breather and was pissing oil all over the turbo downpipe LOL

It split completely and ended my day a bit early, but an easy fix for the TSCC track day on August 31st and overall one of the best days this year :grinning:

I have a complete run on video with most cars on it, there is small snippet here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwPfKajLCw[/ame]
(sorry no sound)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.