Trackskills Dates For 2012...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Just got this from TS.com

Greetings!

Happy New Year to you!

As of this afternoon (Tuesday 10th) we have the beta list of dates for our track days during 2012. Although I say beta, Richard at the 500MRCI has told me that they are unlikely to change.

The 500MRCI have increased their fees for 2012. We are also advised that St John Ambulance Service will require an increase this year.

We have kept our fees at £99 for the last two years but unfortunately, will have to increase them to £105 per day for this year. It is hoped that we will be able to remain at this level for at least this and next year.

Our dates for 2012 are as follows;
Sunday 5th February
Sunday 25th March
Sunday 15th April
Sunday 20th May
Sunday 17th June
Sunday 15th July
Sunday 19th August
Sunday 16th September
Sunday 14th October
Sunday 11th November

So our first date for 2012 is just over three weeks away!

I am starting 2012 with a clean sheet, as far as bookings are concerned so if you want to be put on as a regular entrant, please let me know.

On a different note altogether, the Kirkistown Saloons party is taking place at the Gil-good Lodge, near Moira, on Saturday 21st January. There is a substantial buffet meal and a live band. Tickets are £34 and if anyone would like to attend, please let me know.

We are looking forward to seeing you all at some point in 2012.

Kind regards,

Donal

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Who provides insurance cover for these on a daily rate? I'm with Hughes and they won't cover TD's.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
greenlight or flux maybe?

drop donal and email as he may well know the best insurer for TD's

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
No due to money etc I'm gonna have to save up. Cage goin in this week and decat also. Need to do rr day this week and car tax at end of month hence no money's for track day for the early one in feb

Yeah this is my first track day, got most of the list ticked off lol!

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
No due to money etc I'm gonna have to save up. Cage goin in this week and decat also. Need to do rr day this week and car tax at end of month hence no money's for track day for the early one in feb

Yeah this is my first track day, got most of the list ticked off lol!

good lad, this will only be my second... busting isnt the word for it lol

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
Who provides insurance cover for these on a daily rate? I'm with Hughes and they won't cover TD's.

not that i will be getting insurance for my car as it isnt worth it, but would both parties not need to have TD insurance to make a claim?! or would you just claim off your own TD insurance if you were in a collision with someone else?

just curious

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
your insurance would likely cover you and 3rd parties i'd imagine

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any trackday insurance covers damage to your car, and damage to the circuit (barriers, tarmac, whatever). They usually include medical cover as well, as normal medical insurance may not be valid either. You really have to read the fineprint of all insurance policies you have.

Doubt it covers damage to anyone else. Every trackday I have ever been to you sign papers to say you are on your own.

Cover to track, other people, etc. is normally covered by liability insurance for the organiser (mandatory for any organiser of public trackdays on every circuit I have ever been to).

The main exception is the 'Ring, where you are personally responsible for any damage to other cars, people, track, basically everything. Going there without insurance is really playing Russian roulette.

For "normal" trackdays it is not quite so obvious. All depends on car, driving style, etc.

I have never seen two cars collide on a trackday. Ever.

In all the years I have seen maybe 1-3 accidents per year of any kind, resulting in nothing worse than a scuffed panel.

I have only ever seen a couple of accidents at all with seriuous car damage or a write-off. And I have never seen any serious personal injury beyond shock and bruises.

Any accident has always been entirely up to the driver, or catastrophic mechanical failure (99.999% of the time brake failure).

If you keep an eye on the car, check it before going out, drive with mechanical sympathy, stop frequently, and stay within your limits and just have fun, then it is no more dangerous than driving in the road.

Push hard and ride on the limit, and accidents happen.

It also helps to look out for run-off areas, and be careful when it consists of a concrete wall or an earth bank...

Common sense really, goes a long way.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Do you have track day cover, Sven?

No. It is quite expensive, better not to crash 8-| If I ever went to the 'Ring I would definitely take it though. I do have breakdown cover though. Have not needed it for a trackday yet myself, but I know a few people who have used it to get a tow home after running out of brakes or something else.

As Graham says, not quick enough anyway, just tootling around like an old turnip lady :p

Seriously though, everyone ends up off the track at some point. This is not an issue at all when there is plenty of run-off, just turn around and rejoin. Gravel traps are best avoided though - they do not damage the car, but you will stop the session while they tow you out, which is generally not appreciated in the pitlane.

You just need to be careful in places with little or no run-off. You would not push the limits on the road if driving next to a stone wall, same principle on track. And grass is the worst, like wet ice and you never know what is underneath.

J.P

RMS Regular
Does anyone know if there is Super Unleaded at the Maxol near Kirkistown? Would like to avoid bringing loads of Jerry Cans!!

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
Dont think so.

Not just bring one big jerry can and fill the car up beforehand?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Does anyone know if there is Super Unleaded at the Maxol near Kirkistown? Would like to avoid bringing loads of Jerry Cans!!

I think that wee filling station in Kircubbin or Rubane does Super..

But you'll need jerry cans, they wont allow you in and out all day.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I think that wee filling station in Kircubbin or Rubane does Super..

But you'll need jerry cans, they wont allow you in and out all day.

Lunch break lasts 30-40minutes so that is plenty of time for fuel as sven and many other will do.

also you can nip out between sessions usually too

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lunch break lasts 30-40minutes so that is plenty of time for fuel as sven and many other will do.

(y) This.

A jerry can is still useful though.

No super unleaded near K-town, nearest would be Newtownards.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.