trackskills day 14th november

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nick_M

Looking foward to the day is there any certain limits to the cars on the track or can any car go on?
id like to take mine out for a rake but she's only 1.4 lol

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Aslong as it's not a club trackday then I'm almost sure any litre of car is allowed on the track. So you should be fine (y) Remove the interior and you'll be sweet

big cyril

RMS Regular
AFAIK there's no limit, there was at least one car of similar performance last time.
Email Donal (address on the trackskills website) if you're not sure, also to book.

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
most trackdays are no limit, ive been out on track in 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.8,2.0. Some of the best days i had was in the smaller engined cars, especially if you get 2/3 friends with similar power. In my own experience i think track days are great for younger drivers, it helps you to understand how your car can react or behave in certain circumstances, and usually you find that you slow down on the public roads and become more aware of what could happen if you push too hard. I think a few days on track would help alot of drivers more than a hazard perception computer game imho and could help reduce unnecessary accidents through poor judgement of speed/road conditions/ability.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No limit at all other than in good working order, everyone welcome. Just drop Donal an email to let him know you are coming.

This is all about having fun. No matter what you drive, somebody always has something faster anyway. Just enjoy your car (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
...In my own experience i think track days are great for younger drivers...I think a few days on track would help alot of drivers more than a hazard perception computer game imho and could help reduce unnecessary accidents through poor judgement of speed/road conditions/ability.

Well said (y)

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Well said (y)

thanks, but unfortunately it could have the opposite effect aswell, though im yet to see that happen. Its good to see the op has taken an interest in doing trackdays and hopefully they benefit him as much as i personally have benefited.

@nick_m, if its your first day a few handy items to have with you would be, a socket set few screwdrivers a hammer a jack and somespare oil/water cable ties and duct tape. If its your road car before you get to the track have a quick once over the car check brakes and fluid level and tires as a trackday can be hard on them, especially the passenger side as kirkistown is run clockwise with quite a few right hand corners, which a couple can be taken quite quickly. Also check to make sure shocks arent leaking, check your oil and water too. But the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself (y). Ill be at the track next week so ill keep an eye out for you and come across and say hi.

neil-c

RMS Regular
Limavady Cruisers are often out with teenagers in 2 1.7 derv astras so I wouldnt worry about power. Drive with respect and you'll be grand.

Been on one trackday and loved it!

sam_9n

RMS Regular
i was hoping to get down in the mk2, but needs a new actuator and insurance out this month to :worried:

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
I did a track day once in a Smart Car.....! One of the best days yet.....!

That would have been some craic. I think the day i almost rolled a 1.1 metro topped it for me, thankfully i had a home made side exit exhaust to keep me up right, ill never forget the sound of it hitting the ground and the feeling of both inside wheels touching down again :laughing:.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I remember taking the Red GTi Metro to K'town before I even had a license. The passenger floor dropped out of it from the kurbs and i took the manifold clean off the head.

Have yet to experience a trackday as much fun as that was.

Nick_M

OP
N
thanks, but unfortunately it could have the opposite effect aswell, though im yet to see that happen. Its good to see the op has taken an interest in doing trackdays and hopefully they benefit him as much as i personally have benefited.

@nick_m, if its your first day a few handy items to have with you would be, a socket set few screwdrivers a hammer a jack and somespare oil/water cable ties and duct tape. If its your road car before you get to the track have a quick once over the car check brakes and fluid level and tires as a trackday can be hard on them, especially the passenger side as kirkistown is run clockwise with quite a few right hand corners, which a couple can be taken quite quickly. Also check to make sure shocks arent leaking, check your oil and water too. But the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself (y). Ill be at the track next week so ill keep an eye out for you and come across and say hi.
Cheers il keep an eye out for ya.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
might be heading down with the golf, if not ill be down spectating. my mate is planning to take his £100 supra out for some fun (y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I will be on flag and radio as usual, thermals as well as ski suit this time though lol

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
i think i'll take the megane down to this, seeing its the last one!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still hoping to make it. Might possibly get shipped out to India, but would much prefer a nice cool K-town breeze any Sunday :grinning:

stezie

RMS Member
Drives
AP1 S2000
Looking foward to the day is there any certain limits to the cars on the track or can any car go on?
id like to take mine out for a rake but she's only 1.4 lol

Last month was my first track day in my 1.6 civic and had great fun.. check you have enough tyres and bring a socket set and a spare set of brake pads and you'll have a good day out. The guys up there are really friendly and helpful.

But be warned.. I caught the track day bug. I have stripped the interior, upgraded the suspension, brakes and changed all the engine mounts... and i think thats just the start.. :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.