Trackskills Kirkistown April 27th

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cobraauto

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover 218 VVC
Anyone home yet with news from todays track day ?. I still haven't got the brakes sorted on the Rover so missed out again and would love to here how everyone got on today.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
good day, nissan sunny gtiR had a big off into a tyre wall, occupants shook up but when i left there didn't look to be any major injurys, pablo was out in the new elise and going well, scrob was keeping up with him in his 106 GTi, amos was going well in his clio as usual, marky was sideways in a wee mx5, carmadchris got a few sessions in his mx5 turbo and i think rogan was getting a few laps in his VX220, nicholas has boost problems in his S3 audi, he rekons there is a cracked pipe somewhere letting out pressue so he ended the day early

great weather however :laughing:

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
super weather as Graham says (y)

i timed afew of Amos's laps very roughly and he was getting between 1.14s and 1.17s, which seems very good for the clio. i timed two laps of one of the CSL's and he was only getting 1.11 and 1.12s!!!

apparently the white saxo ripped a tyre off the rim :confounded:

marky was doing really well drifting the hairpin at every opportunity!!

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Ta Very much young Chris, and I wasn' on best form today as I was out last night, I only went out 3 times as I was really tired and making silly mistakes....... Ah well...................

It was a great day....................

pablo

RMS Moderator
was absolutely brilliant, weather was fantastic. Had great fin in the elise including a wee off at the hairpin LOL. Scrob was like a man posessed haha.

Looking forward to the next one after I get some decent tyres.

Only criticism I have is that the fast kitcars are getting a bit impatient. Nearly wiped one at debtors as it came up the inside uninvited. Was about to swing across for the apex only spotted him.

pablo

RMS Moderator
also asteroid in the corolla was an absolute headcase fair play to him he really made that car boogie in the corners

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
Amos, I was going to go over for a chat when you came in after a run, but a dreadful hangover meant i had to go to Cloughey for a large bottle of water and an ice cream :p

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i was out with astroid for a run and it was amazing how the brakes stick what he gives them, a lot of cars passing us on the straight and come the corners he was able to brake a lot later and get round them so much faster

in fairness, people need to drive home in their dail driver after the events where as his is a track car only lol

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Just checked and I have more pics than I thought. A few early samples:

kirky2742008006eo5.jpg

kirky2742008017xg7.jpg

kirky2742008111vy2.jpg

kirky2742008028yg5.jpg

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
Was a brilliant day today, got a little sun burned face looks like a well sceplt arse, That was some impact the GTIR took hope the young fella was ok looked to be well shooked up from it all.

New tyres are on order brand new eagle f1's completely wrecked from todays festivity's. Pablo the elise was going v well, well sorted through the corners,

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
was absolutely brilliant, weather was fantastic. Had great fin in the elise including a wee off at the hairpin LOL. Scrob was like a man posessed haha.

Pablo was this you? the one eyed monster was in the background lol (i mean the red corolla lol) was doing about 3 things at once taking the video trying to wave the yellow flag and trying to hold onto the radio lol

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=moZFxU-ilaI[/ame]

pablo

RMS Moderator
aye lol I was chasing the corrola and got it late on the straight so carried a bit more speed than I liked into the hairpin, whipped it round and back end went (as opposed to understeering like a pig most of the time). nearly held it but not to be. only ended up about 4' onto the grass so not too dramatic!

video is hilarious lol didnt think I was going as quick, nicely caught!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
What a day!!! I was loving every minute of it, a few people commented on my enthusiastic driving, which I think I brought a smile to more than my face! :laughing: Was good to meet a few more RMS'ers (S88RAC, Svensktoppen, etc) and a few of the usual suspects as well.

That video above wasn't the Elise's only hairy moment of the day by the way - I set my on board video camera down about 10 seconds before a big tank slapper through the chicane, it was priceless (raging I didn't get it on film). Cracking wee car, I'm almost tempted!

Get the pics up :cool: And cheers to Trackskills for a very well run day out...

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
You were flein pablo, aye that was arfur driving the rolla. We got told about our enthusiastic driving styles had quite a crowd cheering us on at the chicane and at the hairpin.

The white saxo was my mates car he got just a little outta shape in colonial and broke the rim from what i've heard.

Booked and all for the next one can't wait here's another wee vid i took sorry about the quality was just of the phone, the porker was the mutts

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcpJcM201o[/ame]

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Nice wee video Astroid!! Had to laugh at Mr Pablo. Luckily I managed to just about grab a few pics of his EPIC PABLO DRIFT FAIL :p Wonder which one these he should use for an Avatar!!

TrackskillsApr08_166-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_167-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_168-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_169-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_170-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_171-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_174-1.jpg

TrackskillsApr08_176-1.jpg

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
Cheers S88rac there good photos,

Graham, i have to say what a photo, will have to get up to yourself and get this off ya.
IMG_2977.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.