Trackskills on Sunday 22nd May...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
After a seven month absence from these I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday for a bit of fun...

Megane R26.R sold a couple of months ago and I will be down with my friend Gavin in a couple of Clio 200 Cup's...

Who else is going...???

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
Can anyone tell me the format of the trackskills one please?

I have been to a TVR trackday a few years back and really enjoyed it. Been waiting for another TVR one but just has never suited since buying the Noble.

Do you get plenty of track time with trackskills etc, ie can u just go on and off as you please when the track is open? or are you restricted to a certain amount of runs.

Thanks
STeve

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Guranteed 4 x 15min sessions, very well ran events and you usually end up with more track time. Highly advised to attend.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
The corolla will be making a return after it's extended absence too! Just one or two minor things to see to.. Fingers crossed it lasts!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have been to a TVR trackday a few years back and really enjoyed it. Been waiting for another TVR one but just has never suited since buying the Noble.

A Noble sounds very tasty :grinning: Which one is it?

I normally get around 150 miles on track. The only thing stopping more is both the car and me run out of fuel, lol :grinning:

Slightly different from the TVR days. Usually more cars, and a lot more variety. At least as well run as the TVR days. No messing around, courteous driving, and everyone generally getting on really well on and off track.

By the way, have not seen any TVR days announced this year. Usually one in May. Are they still running?

Trackskills use the full circuit all day, with no coned artificial chicane at the end of the back straight.

Trackskills run in 15 minute sessions. In the mornings typically three groups, about 2 sessions each, with first-timers in a session of their own to keep everyone safe.

There is a good track intro before the day starts for anyone who has never been out before.

In the afternoon, still 15 minute sessions, but you just queue up whenever you want. Usually fewer cars in the afternoon, these days you can pretty much go out any time you like and circulate all afternoon of you want. Just go straight out again when a session ends.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Fingers crossed, gearbox is in pieces on the garage floor at the moment with a broken clutch release mechanism :sob:

Also Mondello the following weekend :laughing:

Nigel, Arfur, good to see you back (y)

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
A Noble sounds very tasty :grinning: Which one is it?

Its one of the early 2.5 engine ones, but looking forward to get it out on the track if I can make it down.

Havent heard anything on a TVR one for May, usually is on in the May bank holiday but the website is showing a date in mid aug to be their next one.

Thanks for all the info, and will do my best to make it down!
Steve

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol Pablo, the number of cars stranded along the track was quite impressive :p But Colin usually managed to get them up and running somehow.

LesNoble, I always thought the early ones were the best (y) Pure driving pleasure :laughing:

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
What time do you have to be there for? Trying to arrange for a guy whos up at the North West 200 to come with me.

Thanks
Steve

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Usually registration from 10:30 or so, on track from 11:30, lunch stop around 14:00, run until 18:00. Few if any go the full distance, more than enough track time :grinning:

You can show up at lunch time as well and do the afternoon.

It is a fair drive from Portrush.

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Was a good day, the Ginetta race car was nice to see, and sounded well (y)

248403_10150611631525587_778665586_18796592_3483959_n.jpg

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Had an awesome day, corolla hung on well into the day until the exhaust broke!!! :sob: Car of the day for me was the megane r26r phenomenal braking and handling!

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
Had an awesome day, corolla hung on well into the day until the exhaust broke!!! :sob: Car of the day for me was the megane r26r phenomenal braking and handling!
Cheers!
Was that you in the corolla!!? that was best bit of drifting i saw all day!! (y)(y)

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
'twas indeed myself and Astoroid.. It's quite tail happy in the wet!

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c

Agreed, the megane was totally flying today! Had a great days fun myself, very reserved in the noble today but still really enjoyed it :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.