Trackskills On Sunday, 25 March

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Who is going?

Definitely taking Princess down, first time out on track this year. Really looking forward to it after the winter rebuild, and really hoping nothing falls off, lol :grinning:

the fonze

RMS Regular
If I can get a hold of some wheels and tyres this week I'll have the Clio out for its first run, hopefully get to do a few this year if the funds are there!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Weather looking good for Sunday so far - fingers crossed, knock on wood, and all that!

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
not making it unfortunately, but have a good day. trackskills are always a good days craic and very well ran!

matchett87

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Fiesta ST50
Im at UCS this time i hope to be back on track in the next few months :laughing:

Clio expect a great day of hammering round the track best days craic you can have in your road car with out getting points :LOL:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
any tips or advice on what to expect on the day.

They will take you round on a few sighting laps before it all starts, pay attention to that. Look in your mirrors for faster cars, use your head, and just have fun and enjoy the day. Looks great in the forecasts!

Pace yourself and the car, and drive with mechanical sympathy. It is a long day, no point leaving after the first session with knackered brakes or tyres (y) Just about having fun, not a race weekend.

And do talk to others there, usually a helpful bunch. Blag some passenger rides, always a good way to pick up some pointers.

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
any tips or advice on what to expect on the day.

if its your first time, you will be run in a '1st time group' until lunch tmie. Just to get you used to track rules etc. After lunch it is open pitlane and works very well. You will have a blast. Just listen to the briefing at the start and make sure you know to only overtake on the left,a dn be aware of faster cars approaching behind.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I was down today for a couple of hours i was gona go an ask you for a passenger run sven but we decided to hit the road...

The dc5 is mighty quick car, i timed it doing a 1.06 which was quicker than the red evo which was around 1.08...

Seen the black bmw spin an the s2000 had a couple of sideways moments, man in the yellow fiesta wasnt afraid to lash her into the chicane...

What happened the yellow astra at the top? Looked like the engine went im not sure..

Railway autos cars both had problems i think

Bugeye-scooby09

RMS Regular
Was down watching for a few hours during this afternoon looked like mighty craic in near perfect conditions! That dc5 can rightly shift too!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Faptastic day, lol :laughing:

Though a leaking coolant bottle cap nearly put an end to proceedings in late afternoon. A handy plastic bag improved things, and still managed ~110miles.

Great turn-out, even if it did thin out in late afternoon (y)

I was down today for a couple of hours i was gona go an ask you for a passenger run sven but we decided to hit the road...

What happened the yellow astra at the top? Looked like the engine went im not sure..

Should have said hello at least! Had a great session in the middle of the Locatorfields :grinning:

The Astra blew something, no idea what. But Fel nearly caused a pile-up as she jumped out with the red flag in front of four of us barrelling down the start straight, lol

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yes i should have called over but we where down at the chicane an the lad driving took a notion to go home, do you no what power that red evo is running? i could have taken my evo but im afraid of something happening it...
What was goin on with that killa celica lol was holding the saxos up on all the corners then come the straights the saxos couldnt get past.

Did you do 110 mile on track?:grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
l i know that just wanted to know what power it was lol...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes i should have called over but we where down at the chicane an the lad driving took a notion to go home, do you no what power that red evo is running? i could have taken my evo but im afraid of something happening it...
What was goin on with that killa celica lol was holding the saxos up on all the corners then come the straights the saxos couldnt get past.

Did you do 110 mile on track?:grinning:

No worries, next time :grinning: The little Lotus was going nicely, you would have enjoyed a few laps. A mate from work dropped by and sat in during the session with the Locatorfields, we had a great time with them - he is still talking about it, lol :cool:

Normally get ~150 miles on a trackday (on track), but the cap issue meant a few extra pauses. Some of the kit cars can clock up nearer 200 miles in a day. Most people would probably be below the 100 miles mark though.

Power is just to get you to the next corner, the EVO would have been a few hundred I imagine :p

As for the Celica, did not see it myself. It happens sometimes that somebody does not understand that if people are catching them then those cars/drivers are faster, even if the car in front happens to have the legs down the straight. A simple concept, but there are a few people who struggle with it.

Happily not many though. Most people are fine, at the end of the day a trackday is just about having fun.

Or sometimes it is just a group of mates playing about a bit.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh, and another guy came up and said he had sat in for a few laps a while back, and gone straight home and bought himself an Elise :grinning: Has been rebuilding it completely, Audi engine and Exige shell and whatnot, serious project. Cannot wait to see that completed!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Was watching your car an it sits well in the corners, there was a white one too looked sharp..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.